third year ➤the knight bus

*written in january 2017 so may not be as cringey*

A/n
Hey guys once again I own no characters, plot or dialogue except for the ones I make up:) thanks and enjoy my chapter of His Chosen Girl
********************
Harry's P.O.V

"You bring her back! You bring her back now and you put her right!" Uncle Vernon yells.

"No! She deserved what she got!" I retort. He yells and reaches towards me to hit me no doubt. I pull out my wand and hold it at him defensively.  "Keep away from me."

"You're not allowed to do magic outside of school," he replies although I hear the fear within him.

"Yeah? Try me," I say.

"They won't let you back now. You've nowhere to go," Uncle Vernon says.

"I don't care," I scoff. "Anywhere's better than here."

And so I leave the house and walk down Privet Drive occasionally hearing Aunt Marge scream from somewhere up in the sky. It's fairly dark out but I don't care. I don't know where I'm going but I don't wanna figure it out right now. I just need to cool down. Still, what Uncle Vernon said about them not letting me back lingers in my head. They'll let me back... Right?

I've been walking for awhile and its full on dark now. I've walked to the park because I had no idea where else to go. I hear a dog barking in the distance and I stop and look around but I shrug it off and continue on. I sigh and sit on the curb. The street lamp above me starts to flash and I look up curiously until it eventually dies out. Ok, great. Next, the swings behind me start to swing back and fourth. Starting to get kinda freaked out, I tighten the grip on my wand. The teeter totter starts moving itself and I start shaking. I hear rusting in front of me and turn forward quickly. I feel eyes peeking at me and I squint my eyes through the bush directly in front of me and I see what looks like a dog with glowing yellow eyes. Jumping up, I continue staring at it unsure of what to do. It barks at me and I pull my wand out and take a step back. Forgetting about the bloody curb that is. I fall backwards onto it and before I can react I hear a horn blowing and look up to see the weirdest bus ever.

It's like a blue triple decker bus and as it pulls up beside me I see a guy standing by the door he looks young but not very young. "Welcome to the Knight Bus, emergency transport for the stranded witch or wizard. My name is Stan Shunpike and I will be your conductor for this evening. What you doin' down there?" He asks when he finally notices me on the ground.

After having a mental debate of wether or not to trust this guy I shrug. I have no other options. "I fell over," I reply obviously.

"What'd you fell over for?" He asks.

"I didn't do it on purpose," I retort.

"Well, come on then. Let's not wait for the grass to grow." I peek cautiously around the bus to see if the dog is still there. When I can't see it I turn back around to be met face to face with Stan. "What you lookin' at?"

"Er... Nothing."

"Well, come on then! Nah, nah, nah. I'll get this. You get in," he says when I attempt to pick up my luggage.

I walk into the bus from the back and look around. Instead of seats there are beds, presumably because it's night but I decide to stay where I am because the beds are pressed uncomfortably close together and these wizards snore loudly. I squeeze through the beds trying to get to the front.