Chapter 14

"John! Get up-you're going to be late for school!" Harry yelled, ready to push John off of his bed. 

John abruptly woke up, immediately sitting up. He was in the clothes he had worn the day before and his hair was a mess. He didn't realize how long those sleeping pills would knock him out for, but he was glad that they actually did keep him asleep for as long as they did. 

"And check your cell. Sherlock's been phoning all morning," Harry quickly stated before exiting his room with a slam to his door. 

John breathed out, placing a hand on his forehead and allowing his mind to keep up with his body before he got up and quickly got ready for school. No practice today, he reminded himself while his arm reached out for his backpack. Before leaving his room, he grabbed his cell off of his bed side table and looked at the messages.

John, please answer. It's urgent.

5 missed calls from Sherlock <3 

Are you okay? -SH

Why aren't you answering? -SH

2 missed calls from Sherlock <3

......

John got a terrible feeling in his gut; he didn't mean to be such an asshole to his boyfriend. As soon as he read all of the messages, he found Sherlock's contact and pushed the call button, rushing down the stairs as he did so.

The cell rang only twice before Sherlock picked up. 

"John, where the hell have you been?!"

"I'm so sorry, Sherlock. I don't know why I didn't wake up. I-"

"Do you know how worried I've been?! I wanted to come check on you, but my dad had some business people over for dinner and my mum didn't let me leave all night."

"Sherlock, please. You didn't need to come. I was fine-just asleep."

"Why do I find that hard to believe? Oh, yes, because you never sleep through my calls. Why didn't that wake you up?"

"I'm sorry, Sherlock. I don't have an answer for you."

There was a long pause before Sherlock spoke up once more.

"I'm on my way to pick you up."

"I can drive-"

"No. I'm on my way," he repeated. Sherlock hung up the cell before John got the chance to argue any longer. 

John inhaled deeply, not having the energy to argue anyway. The blonde tried to escape the house without drawing any attention to himself, but his efforts were wasted when Harry stepped out of the kitchen. 

"I'll see you after school? I have to talk to you about something going on over the weekend."

Relaxing his tense muscles a bit, John took a step back and looked at his sister. "Yup," he answered, looking at the floor in a hurry and anxious to get out of the house to Sherlock. 

Harry smiled tiredly and nodded, taking a step towards the kitchen. 

"Harry," John said abruptly, stopping her from disappearing through the walkway. Once she had her eyes focused back on him, he added, "Get some rest today."

She took a moment of hesitation before nodding her head in understanding. "Good idea," she agreed. John smiled and quickly walked back to the door, tugging it open and breathing in the outside air. 

He waited another two minutes before Sherlock's car pulled up to the driveway. Quickly, John climbed into the passenger seat and settled into the seat, letting out a deep breath. He felt Sherlock's eyes on him and turned his head questioningly.