Logic

It started the night that Prince and Anxiety revealed they were a couple. After Logic and Morality had finished arguing over what to watch, (they settled on The Emperor's New Groove,) they sat peacefully on the comfortable couch for the entire movie. The silence from the two characteristics was only broken by Dad's laughter and Logan's occasional huff of amusement. When The Emperor's New Clothes ended Logic wordlessly slid the Lion King in, and was gracious enough to pretend not to notice Morality swiping tears away when Mufasa died. He even hummed soon to the familiar tunes, while Dad sang along quietly. About halfway through the movie though, the dark, warm and comfortable atmosphere started getting to Dad. He began tilting sideways, eyelids dropping, until suddenly he was leaning against Logic's side, his head resting on Logan's shoulder.

* * *

Logan blinked down at him, frowning, but Morality appeared to have no intention of shifting away. Instead he kept his eyes glued onto the TV screen, his glasses reflecting tiny images of Simba and Nala. Logic briefly considered pushing Dad away, but found that he didn't exactly have a logical reason why. Surprisingly, he wasn't uncomfortable, and something inside him forced him not to move when Dad yawned sleepily, leaning a bit heavier onto Logan and sighing contentedly. It was an unexplainable urge to keep Morality as comfortable as possible right now, and the feeling unnerved Logic, so he turned his attention back to the TV and tried to forget about the warm presence basically snuggling into him.

* * *

It was only when there was a brief period of silence in the movie that Logan realised Dad had fallen asleep. He could feel little huffs of breath lightly hitting his neck, and he looked down at Dad, whose head was still lying on his shoulder. His eyes were shut and his long eyelashes cast slender shadows down his pale skin. Morality's glasses were crooked and his lips were parted, his face tilted towards Logan's neck. His body had curled in towards Logic, one of his arms nestled firmly between Logic's own arm an his torso, which was keeping both of them pleasantly warm. It was actually quite comfortable, but the movie was ending and Logic had no reason to stay. So he was going to wake up Dad, make him go to his own room, then go to his room and sleep. At least, that was the plan.

* * *

Because although he wanted to do that, for it was the most reasonable option, Logic... couldn't. He just kind of looked at Morality for a minute, (he looked so peaceful,) and though he tried to lift his hands to shake Dad awake, his limbs wouldn't obey him. Which scared Logan. So he tried to stand up and walk away, which he more or less achieved. Just, much slower than he had intended.

Logan gingerly stood up, trying to be as silent as possible so that he didn't wake up Dad (why?) and carefully, lightly grasped Morality's shoulders. He tilted him slowly until he was lying flat on the couch, a pillow supporting his head, and summoned a soft blue blanket, which he quickly flicked over Dad. Then he gently took Dad's glasses off and placed them on the table. During all this Dad only turned his head once and gave out a sleepy noise, which had made Logan automatically freeze to ensure he didn't wake the sleeping figure up.

* * *

Biting his lip, Logic glanced at Morality one more time before forcing himself to turn and walk quietly away down the hallway. Meanwhile a myriad of thoughts were rushing around his head like a whirlwind.

Why didn't he just wake Dad up? Why did he allow him to sleep on his shoulder? Why did he make sure Morality was comfortable? Why did he give him a blanket? Why did he feel so... perhaps protective was the right word, over Dad? What was happening to him? Was he falling ill? Had one of the other characteristics done something to him? Why had he not felt annoyed when Morality wanted to hang out with him? Why, why, why?

* * *

Before he knew it Logan was lying face up on his bed, staring at the ceiling in distressed thought. He quickly checked the time on his phone and realised he had been deep in thought for almost an hour! And yet, after all that time, he hadn't even come to a conclusion. He had no answer to any of his questions. The closest he had come to a proper answer was this; something was causing him to experience strange emotions, and whatever the cause was, it was somehow linked to Morality. And that, well that was distressing. Especially because Logic could not for the life of him figure out what it was he was even feeling.

Still pondering and fretting over all the sudden and unexpected feelings, and what the heck they could be, Logic changed into his favourite unicorn onesie and slipped into an uneasy sleep, filled with dreams about sparkling honey eyes and bright smiles.

* * *

And there's the first chapter done!! It's short and probably seems rushed and strange but I hope you enjoyed it anyway! I'm excited and looking forward to writing this fic, especially because it's Logicality and my first sequel :)

As always, you're all awesome and I love you very much ❤❤