6 ~ Changes

(Name) groaned softly as she opened her eyes, noticing she was now sitting down and staring at a computer screen. Her eyes blinked rapidly to adjust, before she realized her wrists had been strapped down to the chair with tape.

"Wait, what the fuck?" She scowled, staring down at her wrists.

"Good morning, sleepy head! Well, it's still only afternoon, but whatever!" Junko cackled, and (Name) craned her neck to she could see the blonde standing there.

"What the hell is the point of this?!" (Name) growled harshly.

"We have an experiment for you. We wanted to see if it works." Mukuro spoke up.

"I didn't agree to be your fucking test subjects!" The assassin yelled, tugging at her restraints.

"Too bad sweetheart!" Junko giggled evilly. "Take a look at the screen and let it take control!" The blonde forced her head towards the screen, making her wince slightly.

"What do you mean?" (Name) frowned, but Junko didn't respond and just hit play on the computer. All she was met with was an anime of a kid and her dad walking through a field in the night. (Name) raised an eyebrow in confusion, watching the anime with curiosity.

"This anime was made by your own classmate, Ryota Mitarai you fucking cunt!" Junko hissed, sticking her tongue out. (Name) bit her lip, ignoring the insult having been thrown at her.

"I don't understand how.." (Name) stated, but trailed off when she saw the dad pick up his child happily. Her eyes widened slightly, and suddenly her breathing slowed down.

"(Name)! Come here, daddy wants to show you something." The elder man picked his eight year old up, said child smiling.

"What is it, dad?" She questioned, and he pointed up at the sky.

"You see that bright star right above the Big Dipper?" He questioned her, and she nodded. "That's where mommy went. She told me that she had always wanted to go to space, and that when she passed away she wished to join the stars."

The child's smile turned into a sad one. "I miss mommy."

"I know you do. But don't worry. You'll see mommy soon." Her dad smiled, and she tilted her head in confusion.

"What? I don't understand."

"It's ok, (Name).. My precious angel.."

"No! Stop it!" (Name) screamed, closing her eyes tightly. "Stop! I can't take this anymore!"

"It seems to be working." Mukuro spoke up quietly to her sister, the older twin staring at the screaming subject in amusement.

"I wonder how she was able to snap out of it. Maybe I need something more realistic." Junko thought aloud, glasses on her face.

"Leave me alone!" (Name) harshly tugged at the tape, before one final tug released her from the chair. She stumbled forward, almost crashing into the monitor from the velocity of her movement. She regained her balance before bolting past the two siblings and out from the underground bunker.

"Should I go after her?" Mukuro frowned, going to follow after the assassin, but Junko held a hand up.

"No, no. It's fine. After all," Junko's eyes narrowed and she smirked. "it's almost time for that. She'll return to us."

______

(Name) panted heavily as she collapsed on the bench in front of the water fountain of Hope's Peak, her whole body shaking as she stared up at the sky. She was sweating, from running or fear she would never know. Her hands gripped her hair harshly, leaning over the edge of the bench.

Why did she feel so sick? Like she was about to throw up her all her intestines on to the cement. As if thousands of suppressed memories were suddenly trying to show itself at once. It was too much for her body to handle.

Falling off the bench and collapsing on to the floor, the contents of last nights dinner spilled on to the floor, not having eaten breakfast or lunch today. She hunched over, gripping her stomach as she vomited. Her skin was drenched in sweat, causing her clothes to start sticking to her body.

"(Name)?" A voice called to her, and she shakily looked up to see the white haired lucky student.

"Nagito..?" She groaned, blinking her eyes as her vision blurred. She thought it was due to her about to faint.

"How lucky am I to have stumbled across you." He approached her while smiling, then frowning when he noticed the vomit and how shaken up she look. "Are you ok? Why're you crying?" He crouched down on the side of her that wasn't near the throw up.

"I-I'm fine. Don't touch me." (Name) mumbled, quickly rubbing her eyes to rid them of any tears.

"What happened to you?" Nagito frowned.

"N-Nothing, I'm ok.." She wrapped her arms around her body, suddenly cold for some reason. He noticed and started taking his jacket off and draping it over her shoulders, pulling her to face him despite her silent protests.

"Do the siblings have something to do with this?" He questioned, and she sighed before nodding slowly. "Come on, I'll bring you to the nurse.. It's only noon."

"No, I don't need to go to her.." She shook her head. "Just.. Take me to Mikan. There's food there and she is a nurse, right? If you care that bad, then just have Mikan look at me."

"Alright, if that's what you want." Nagito nodded. "Can you stand?"

(Name) slowly attempted to stand with Nagito's help, but her knees buckled and she almost crashed to the ground if not for the taller male holding her up.

"I have an idea. Get on my back, I'll just carry you." He turned around, and reluctantly she jumped on to his back, her legs resting at his waist. He grunted slightly as he readjusted her so he could walk, hooked his arms under her knees, and proceeded to walk. She slowly but surely wrapped her arms around his neck, her head resting on his shoulder.

"Thank you.." (Name) mumbled shyly, and he blushed a bit before smiling and nodding.

"Don't thank me. I don't mind for someone like you." He grinned happily, and she chuckled softly before closing her eyes. He continued walking to the school before eventually, her soft snoring filled his ears. He smiled, sighing softly.

"And I thought hope was all that mattered."