2 ~ Lonely

(Name) sighed as she looked out the window, zoning out from Ms. Yukizome's lesson. Eventually the bell rang, and as soon as it did she quickly stood up and left the room. She had no friends to go home with after school, so there was no point in sticking around. She left the room with her headphones in her ears, connected to her phone. Everyone in the class watched her leave, all frowning slightly.

"She's a bit of a loner, don't you think?" Mahiru sighed.

"Who knows. She's probably gone through some stuff in her life." Nekomaru crossed his arms in thought.

"Well whatever it is, keep her away from me. She's the Ultimate Assassin, right? She could kill any of us if she wanted." Kazuichi shuddered.

"Hush now, Kazuichi. That is quite rude." Sonia scowled, silencing the pink haired male.

"It's not as if she chose that as her talent, you know." Nagito spoke. "She might hate her talent. But I would hope not, her hope shines so bright. I can tell, she holds great potential." He swooned slightly, and everyone groaned.

"Here he goes." Hiyoko sighed.

---------

(Name) sat down at a bench in front of a water fountain, one that had a view of Hope's Peak's main course building. She leaned back against the bench, staring up at the purple and orange sky, the colors swirling into each other. Her eyes closed softly as she took a deep breath in, enjoying the peace and quiet to herself.

Suddenly, her earbud was taken out of her ear, making her sit up quickly and turn to her right. She was met with the white haired boy, Nagito Komaeda, from her class sitting next to her. Her eyes were wide in surprise, and he just gave her a closed eyed smile.

"Hey. Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." He chuckled softly, opening his eyes and revealing his breathtakingly beautiful grayish-green eyes.

"I-It's alright, I should've paid attention." She shook her head, grabbing her headphones and pausing her music. She stuffed the cords in her bag, along with her phone.

"It probably wasn't in the place for trash like me, but I was worried, so I came to look for you." He explained.

"Wait, pause. Trash?" She raised an eyebrow at him.

"Oh, yeah. My talent is nothing compared to Ultimates like you. I'm nothing more than a stepping stone for hope." He nodded, as if it was acceptable in this day in age to put yourself down.

"Hey, I don't think you're trash at all. I mean, Ultimate Lucky Student? That sounds cool as hell! You'd kick my ass in Rock Paper Scissors." She joked, and Nagito chuckled softly.

"I guess. I won't argue with you, if you're deadset on thinking that." Nagito smiled, getting up. "I was gonna ask if you wanted to go grab ice cream with me. You seem kinda lonely."

She blinked slightly, and looked down. "Y-Yeah, that's fine.."

He grinned slightly, gently taking her hand and walking, not waiting for a response. (Name) stumbled after him, having to look up slightly. He was too focused on getting to the ice cream parlor to notice her, and she sighed softly.

He's... Hes interesting. Yeah. Interesting works perfectly for a boy like him.. Maybe now I won't be so lonely.