The Bet *Payback Time

Start from the beginning

 “What?” Andre asks, wearing a confused expression on his face.

 “I don’t know,” I mutter, “He didn’t mention it.”

 Andre frowns. “It’s just us then.”

 Driana elbows him playfully. “I’m here, you know.”

 “It wouldn’t be the same without Drake.” He pouts. “It’s Drake I want!”

 “What?” Driana says, a silly grin forming on her mouth.

 “I only date you so that I can get close to your twin brother,” he teases.

 Driana laughs. “I really like your sense of humor.”

 “I know.” Andre smirks.

 Driana rolls her eyes but I know she’s having fun. These two lovebirds are really perfect together. They balanced each other and I can’t imagine them with another people.

 “What’s the itinerary for the day?” I ask curiously.

 “No worries, I already planned everything,” Andre says, smiling from ear to ear. “Our first stop is the Ocean Planet.”

 “Cool!” Driana says excitedly. “I’ve never been there. I can’t wait!”

 If I remember correctly, Driana likes almost anything under the sea. It’s sweet of Andre to plan something that Driana enjoys.

 We all get inside the car. I’m on the back while Driana sits on the passenger seat. Passenger seat – makes me remember of Draky. The way he sang that song for me. . . I can still recall his facial expressions, the sound of his voice, everything. Why does he have to be charming?

 “Hey!”

 That snaps me out of my trance. “What?” I ask, startled.

 “You’re daydreaming,” Andre says amusedly, glancing at the rearview mirror to look at me.

 “I’m not,” I deny.

 He smirks. “Now I know where Drake got that habit.”

 “S-shut up!” I stutter, tearing my gaze away from him.

 I lean my head on the window and stare outside – at the passing cars and pedestrians. My hand involuntarily goes to the pendant of my necklace, stroking the cross, wondering what the giver is doing right now. I hope he will finish soon so that he can join us.

 We arrive in our destination an hour later. My back hurts from being in the same position for too long, so when I slide out of the car, I stretch my arms in front of me.

 “Feel sore?” Driana asks amusedly.

 “Sort of,” I respond. “Where’s Andre?”

 “He said we have to wait for him here while he buys the tickets,” she says.

 “He’ll treat me too?” I ask.

 “Yup.”

 “Oh,” I murmur. “He shouldn’t have.”

 She winks. “Just save your money for your date with my twin.”

 I laugh. “You really are funny.”

 “I know right,” she says cheekily.

 Andre strides towards us and gives us the tickets.

 “Thank you,” I say gratefully.

 “No problem,” he replies.

 We walk to the entrance and hand the tickets to the woman that’s on duty. We enter a sort of tunnel surrounded with large crystal glass. It’s like walking barefoot in the ocean. Different types of fishes are visible. Coral reefs, sea urchins, starfish, shells, sea horse, pearl inside a clam and sea weeds are scattered everywhere.