《Chapter Three》

As we walked I started to see big trucks and people with helmets walking around. Maybe they were going to ride a bike... the teacher I have told me that people wear helmets to ride bikes.
They carried these huge sticks with them like the people who made me drop Ariel. They probably hurt really bad... wait... are they going to hit me again?

I tried to get away from Mr.Flag but he held on too tight. He looked at me and frowned. "Maya what's wrong" he asked softly setting me down. He got down on one of his knees so he was not so much bigger than I was. Right when he got down I ran back into his arms and hid from the people with the sticks. He said he would protect me.. why would he take me here?
Is he gonna hurt me? Is he only pretending to help me?

"It's gonna be alright. I promised I would keep you safe and that is what I'm gonna do. I don't know how much of what I said to you you understood but you will be ok. I have to go speak with some... friends. I'll send someone to come get you" he whispered to me softly. I shook my head holding onto him tighter. He can't leave me here, he can't protect me if he's gone. What if he never comes back?
He promised...
"Don't worry, no one will hurt you. I promise. I won't let them." He made me let go of him then walked away, as soon as he left everyone pointed their sticks at me. They looked angry like I took away their teddy bears.

I sat down in the sand and held Ariel close to me. Why is everyone who is not Mr.Flag so mean?

No one's POV

"You heard of Phil Jackson he's like the gold standard... triangle bitch study" Deadshot made his fingers form a triangle before walking away from the soldier.
Flag sighed and nodded at one of his men to go retreive Maya. This was sick and twisted and something a girl her age should not be exposed to such violence, he thought to himself before turning his head back to the group of convicts.
"You want motivation? There's a little girl named Maya who's life is being endangered for a crime she may or may not have committed. The same woman who recruited you, the spiteful vengeful woman sent this girl here to die with all of you and-" Rick stopped talking when he felt two small arms wrap around his leg. Rick tensed a little and looked down at her before looking up and relaxing a little, "Consider her your motivation."

The squad stared at the small girl in front of them for a few seconds. No one made a sound and the area was silent until Harley gasped. She ran up to Maya and kneeled down in front of her. "You are so cute!" She stood up and glared at Flag, "Why would you bring an innocent child out here!? What the hell is wrong with you!?" She screamed in his face. Rick, knowing her deserved it, just stood there and stared at her.

Harley scoffed and picked up the small girl in her arms. At first Maya tried to pull away and go back to Flag, but then he folded his arms across his chest like he was refusing to take her, so she stayed in Harley's arms. Maya looked at Flag sadly as she laid her head down on Harley's shoulder, she needed a nap, really badly. Maybe it was because she was a girl, but Maya didn't mind being in her arms. She definitely would not willingly go into the arms of Deadshot or any of the other guys.

Harley smiled widely and brought Maya over to the rest of the group. "I'm so sorry about him Peaches" Harley whispered to her softly. Maya shrugged and slowly moved her hand to tangle her fingers in Harley's hair, she found the colors mesmerizing.
Harley giggled and rubbed the girls back happily. "My puddin is gonna love you" she took a selfie with her phone and sent it to the Joker.

Harley: Can we keep her!!!?

As Harley awaited an answer Deadshot looked over the little girl. She looked away from Harley's hair for a second and looked at him. He smiled and waved a little at her, she reminded him of his little girl when she was his age, just a lot quieter. Maya smiled a little and waved back at him before starting to play with Harley's hair again.

Slipknot couldn't care less about the child being there, Digger just paced back and forth in anger not worrying about her (he probably didn't even know she was there), and Chato kept his distance from the child. She brought back painful memories for him, but he had to admit she was a cute one. Croc watched from a distance like Chato, afraid he would scare her.

Rick sighed at them and shook his head, "Look just get whatever sh- crap you need for a fight and lets go" he walked away feeling awful for the child. He would also have to watch his mouth around... somehow.

Harley walked over to her box of things that had a crown on the top of it. She set Maya down and let her run over to her own box with some type of wings on the top of it.

 She set Maya down and let her run over to her own box with some type of wings on the top of it

Maya looked over it then ran over to Chato since Harley seemed busy with her clothes. She tapped on his leg gently making him jump a little. She motioned for him to kneel down so she could whisper in his ear, afraid to speak to loud. Chato kneeled down by her slowly furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"Can you open it for me" Maya asked softly before stepping back a bit. He looked at her then at her box and smileda little nodding. He walked over and opened the small box for her. She smiled and hugged his legs tightly before going over to the box.

  Maya squealed softly and pulled out the boots playing with the small puff ball on the end of it

Maya squealed softly and pulled out the boots playing with the small puff ball on the end of it. Maya looked up from the shoe and saw everyone staring at Harley. She looked around at everyone before grabbing her clothes walking over to her. Harley looked at her and smiled kneeling down in front of her.

"You need help Peaches?" She asked. Maya nodded and set the clothes down in front of her. Harley helped the little girl get her shirt over her head and put the dress on along with the leather jacket. Maya felt weird changing her clothes since she'd been wearing the same thing for a really long time.

"Wait!" Harley went over to her own box and looked through it before pulling out her purple cuffs. She walked over to Maya and put them on her, of course they were loose but Maya didn't care. Harley helped her with the rest of her outfit and put her hair up in two pigtails. She picked the small girl up in her arms and watched Rick Flag walk back over to them.

"Alright lets-" Rick paused when he saw Maya and chuckled softly. She was absolutely adorable, which only made him feel worse abour the situation.

Was he really about to do this to this little girl?

Unfortunately yes, yes he was.

Sorry the update took so long I've been busy this week. Hope you liked it!!

Vote

Comment

Do whatever ya want!!