《Chapter One》

Drip. Drip. Drip.

  The water in my room made my head hurt. The sound was too loud like fireworks or monstertrucks.

  My room is very dark, only one light in it. Its empty except for my bed and Ariel. The walls are black, the floor is black too. There's a light in the corners of the room that makes it look like a sunset all the time. They aren't very bright, but they say that's a good thing. Lights that are too bright make my eyes hurt a lot.

  Everyday a man in a white coat comes in and talks to me. He teaches things like numbers and letters, and he always tries to get me to talk to him.

  They all do.

But I don't speak to them. If I do I could kill them like I did my family.  Plus they scare me too much.

  So I keep my mouth shut when I'm not eating. I even keep my mouth closed when I'm sleeping.

Sometimes they have someone come in and try to make me talk or make some sort of sound.

  Sure, it hurts really bad but I don't make a sound. I don't want to hurt anyone else, even if they hurt me, it's just their job. Or at least that's what they tell me. They say I've been here for three years, whatever those are. I don't ever go outside, they make me stay in my room all day. But that's ok, I guess I can't hurt anyone from here.

  "I won't ever hurt you Ariel I promise" I whispered to my teddy bear. My mommy gave it to me for my birthday. I turned three years old. Its some of the only color in my room. Other than my pink bed and my orange outfit they had me wear, but they gave me a bow too.
  My stomach growled scaring me a little as I laid down on my bed. The last time I had food was yesterday at lunch, and it wasn't much. I think they called it a sandwich, it tasted good although something in it made me sick. I fell asleep early and I didn't eat my dinner or... whatever the other thing is called.

  "Time to get up kid you've got somethin to do!" A loud angry voice yelled as my door opened. I whimpered and covered my ears burying my head in my pillow. My eyes and ears started hurting, the light was so big.

  Someone put my hands on my stomach picking me up. I wanted to scream, I wanted them to put me down, I wanted to curl up in my bed.... I-I... I want my mommy and daddy. They always kept me safe when I was asleep with them.

Flashback

  The sound of thunder and rain filled the room. Maya shook under her covers holding Ariel close to her chest. Ever since she'd gotten the pink fluffy bear she'd never been able to sleep without it. It always helped her through nights like this. But today it was doing much for her.

  The lights had gone out and she was deathly afraid of the dark. Not to mention the sound was giving her a pounding headache. Tears were pouring down her face as she clutched to Ariel and her bed.

About half an hour into this Maya heard footsteps coming near her. Her first instinct was to scream but she couldn't get it out. She was silent with fear. So she just laid there, shaking, and afraid. That was until she felt two large, muscular arms pick her up and hold her close.

  She knew those protecting arms anywhere. Her father. Coming to her rescue yet again. Though he always fought with her mother, the two of them managed to get along when Maya was there, or at least when they were aware she was there.

  He brought her to his room and laid her down in between him and her mother. She buried her face into his chest and felt her mother's arms wrap themselves around her. Maya closed her eyes as her ears were plugged with earbuds and the loud music played. Sleep slowly to overtake her. And she forgot all about the storm.

End of Flashback

  I was taken from the room into a longer larger one (a hallway). Ariel slipped from my hands and fell onto the floor. I reached for it but it was too far away from me. My eyes filled with tears as I started hitting the guy who picked me up like they did to me. This only made him hold on tighter, now he was starting to hurt me. And Ariel was still on the floor.

  Out of nowhere everything went quiet. The room turned a weird green color and I was dropped on the floor. The mean man falls with me and holds his head. I thinks he's screamimg but I can't hear him.

  That's when I realise that I'm screaming.

But I can't stop. I don't want to stop. But I'm hurting them. Or am I? They all stopped screaming, they let go of their heads, now they're all laying on the floor. They're eyes were closed. Maybe they fell asleep. I stolled screaming and grabbed Ariel. She's all dirty now. I can hear again, the color is back to normalx and I feel really tired. My head hurts. More people run into the big room. I don't like being with a lot of people, I never have been around so many people all at once before, it makes me scared. A man looks at the people on the floor then at me.
  His face turns scary.

     "Take it down! Its dangerous!" He yelled making me cover my ears. What is he talking about? Is there something here? A monster?

  I started to get even more scared. My mouth opened like I was going to start screaming again. That's when I felt my whole body start to hurt really badly. Like a lot worse than when they hit me. I started to cry.

  But slowly the pain started to go away, and the room started to get darker and darker.

Until it was all black.

(A/N So first chapter was kinda boring but it always is with me. It'll get better I promise)