It didn't take long before the metal iron gates came in to view. In fact, it wasn't any longer than a ten minute drive.

The iron gates surrounded the field because the furled was a part of a large factory building which situated on the side of the field. However, the field was huge and the factory was being greedy.

Before, the iron gates would be left open and anyone could treck the field with no problems. Many young kids spend their summers on green fields and nobody had a problem with it.

Danni parked her beatle on the gravel and she led us over to the big iron gates.

"I haven't been her since you left." Danni muttered. She turned to look at me with twinkling eyes. "So this a special moment for our friendship."

"It's like being sixteen all over again." I stated back. Even though it was a tough year, I would love to go back in time where things were less stressful and a little more peaceful.

Nothing could touch you at sixteen.

"This times gonna be better, trust me."

The skies had suddenly turned a darker shade of blue, and I knew night was going to be upon us soon, in the next couple of hours. That made the experience all the more exciting.

Danni tried to nudge the iron gates open, however, they were firmly locked. Her brows furrowed at the offending lock hanging from the slider.

"It seems to be locked. They must have cracked down on teenagers using their field."

"Kill joys." I muttered.

Danni seemed to remember something, and before long she was circling the iron gates.

"What are you looking for?" I asked.

"There was a hole in the gates before, I'm trying to find it." Danni replied. Suddenly, she hit a spot in the iron gates and a little part of the metal flew backwards and the hole was formed. "Paid to get it locked but not fixed. School boy error, I say."

"Are you sure we should be going in?" I said. I hated to be boring and a kill joy myself, but I wasn't going to be happy if some alarm went off and I was shipped off to jail.

"Stop bitching and get in." Danni held the metal open and I crouched to move forward. Danni followed behind.

The factory was dark and still beside of the field, and infront of us vastly was the green field.

It looked exactly the same but with no beer cans and vodka bottles.

Danni led us over to the spot near the centre of the field and we sat down. Luckily, the air was still warm and it wasn't windy at all. I laid beside her.

"Just like old times." Danni sighed. I nodded, hoping she knew just how much this meant to me too. I hadn't meant to leave her and never return when I promised I would. I hadn't meant to stop everything.

Danni was my only friendship back then that meant something. She was the only person who didn't judge me for anything. And even though I let her down and left her lonely, she still forgave me, because that's who she was.