"This isn't a toy, you know." Sugata was typing on the machine.

"You don't expect to keep this kind of power all to yourself now, do you? Guardian and I were having fun." Mikako took off her driver gloves.

I went to feel my face scar but remembered all my gear was real.

"One of you could have been hurt." Sugata continued.

"It looks like Guardian may have gotten cut." Mikako was looking at my arm.

Sugata turned around and looked. His face started as normal but eventually changed to a puzzled expression.

"Blood?" Sugata went to tend to my wound.

"It's nothing. I'm fine." I pulled away and went to leave.

"Angeloids don't bleed." Sugata said before I could exit.

I paused before leaving, processing what he had just said.

"You're not an Angeloid are you?" Sugata waited for my answer.

"Not entirely." I left the tent.

I landed and walked in the sliding glass door. Tomoki, Sohara, Astrea, Ikaros and Nymph were all sitting around the little table with books and papers.

"Oh hey, Guardian. You're just in time! We're teaching Ikaros and Nymph some homework." Sohara raised a pencil in the air.

"Master? I have just remembered Guardian does not have school with us." Ikaros pointed out.

"Oh yeah! It would be totally cool if Zeta joined us!" Nymph didn't need confirmation to know what was happening.

"Oh, hell no! He is not coming to school with us!" Tomoki pointed at me.

Nymph looked at the ground sad for only a second.

"So it's decided then. Guardian will join us tomorrow at school." Sohara smiled.

Nymph's head shot up. She laughed with a big smile on her face. The biggest one I had ever seen her make. I felt that whatever it was, I needed to uphold it to keep Nymph this filled with joy.

"What?! He'll give us boys a bad name! He'll take all the girls for himself and leave the rest of us with none!" Tomoki crossed his arms thinking he had made a valid point.

"I don't know if you've noticed Tomoki, but you don't exactly give the boys at our school a good name." Sohara fired back.

"Hey! You take that back!" Tomoki pointed at Sohara.

"Why should I? It's the truth." Sohara crossed her arms.

"Just you wait. He'll probably end up with the dumb popular guys." Tomoki turned as if he was offended.

"Right where he belongs." Nymph turned to me and smiled.

"Cause he's dumb! See? Nymph agrees." Tomoki gestured to her.

"What? Hey! That's not what I meant! I meant because he'll be more popular than you!" Nymph blushed.

I scoffed at the idea of ranks in the bug school system.

I got into Tomoki's room and saw a window. I decided to stare out when I heard the door open behind me. I did not move.

"Guardian?" Ikaros spoke from the door.

"What is it, Ikaros?" I answered.

"I need to talk to you..." Ikaros slowly shut the door behind her.

I turned and stood over Ikaros, waiting for an explanation.

"You being here is endangering my master... But I do not want you to leave." Ikaros stared into my eyes.

"Do not worry Ikaros, I will keep you and your master safe." I pet her head.

Tomoki and Nymph opened the door in their sleepwear. Tomoki yawned and didn't even notice or care about Ikaros and I in the center of the room.

"Ahh, Goodnight Guardian, Goodnight Ikaros." Tomoki stretched and layed on some blankets on the floor, his bed.

Nymph smiled at me and got in her bed on the floor as well. Ikaros got into her bed last and stared at me from her blanket. I waited until they were all asleep. I watched Ikaros on the floor beside Tomoki and Nymph for a time. I hopped up and hung upside down, shutting my eyes to think about what had happened in the days that I've been here. I felt a sudden presence in front of me. I opened my eyes and saw Ikaros awfully close to my face.

"Do not ever leave me, master." Ikaros had sadness in her eyes.

"Your master is asleep, Ikaros." I wasn't sure what she was doing.

"You are my true master." Ikaros had a tone of seriousness in her voice.

Whatever Ikaros was doing confused me. She leaned in slowly to kiss me but I stopped her and instead held her cheek gently while looking into her eyes. Ikaros stood up in front of me and jumped to grab the ceiling. She hung in front of me, now right side up. Ikaros rested her face on my chest and shut her eyes. I put my hands on her waist and wrapped my wings around her back, encasing us in black feathers. Ikaros nuzzled her head in my chest. "Angeloids don't sleep" I remembered and felt bad as I shut my eyes. Why are our people so cursed?