Chapter 8

We have a beautiful 5k words to share with you! Enjoy and thank you for all your awesome support!

***

**| Sang's POV |**

Thursday morning, I'm up before my alarm, my mind too wired with the news I had received the day before had made sleep unable to come. My head kept spinning with possibilities as to who was leaving threats on my desk, but even with all the faces that came to mind, I couldn't see it being any of them.

But one.

My stepmother.

However, I haven't seen or heard from her since the moment she kicked me out the house we had been living in at the time. For a couple of years, thanks to Wil, I was able to keep track of her movements; where she was living, how her health was, but in the end I stopped because I had to move on.

And because of how my lifestyle was and still is.

In her eyes, I had always been a whore.

I'd still be a whore now.

Only this time, I would accept those harsh and hurtful words and agree with them, because that's what I am; a whore. I go out every Friday night and find someone to give me a moment of pleasure, to fill a void that she created.

However, what has me pausing and thinking that it's someone else other than her is because of the word sin. My mother has never been a religious person and I don't think she ever will be. Besides, my mother has sinned too. I just can't imagine this being her but then I have no clue as to who else it could be.

I eventually get out of bed, make myself a coffee, and start getting ready for a day of work. As I'm dressing in a light pink blouse and a high waist pencil skirt that hit my knees, my thoughts stray to the new security team.

Lucian 'Luke' Taylor.

Nathan Griffin.

Dr. Sean Green.

Dakota 'Kota' Lee.

Victor Morgan.

I had thoroughly been through the paperwork they had given me at the meeting yesterday, twice. Okay, maybe three times. I need to make sure that what they have planned for the company is legit and by the looks of it, it all is.

And honestly, I can't wait to work alongside them and it has nothing to do with how attractive they are.

When I walk through the doors of the fifth floor, I come to a sudden halt when I see that all five of the new guys are sitting in chairs at my desk. Luke has made himself comfortable in mine.

Five sets of eyes look up at me as the glass office doors close behind me. "Punctual, I like that," I murmur, walking the rest of the way to my desk.

"Good morning, Sang."

"Good morning, Kota," I reply.

"How are you today?" Dr. Green asks.

"I'm fine." As fine as I can be. "You?"

"I'm great, thank you for asking."

I come to a stop behind my desk and drop my bag onto the oak wood of the top. My eyes go to Luke's shoes that lay on top of my desk. "Comfy?" I ask him.

Someone snickers, but I ignore them raising an eyebrow at Luke who grins back at me. "Absolutely."

"Good," I say, pasting a smile onto my face. "Luke, can you do me a favor please?"

"Sure thing, Cupcake."

My heart does this funny flip in my chest and my eyes widen at the nickname. "Cupcake?" I repeat, raising an eyebrow at him.