23:24

05. LACK OF HOME

you didn't have any pictures on your walls when i first visited your house.

it was the only thing i noticed – the lack of home.

the way you roamed the house was awkward; you bumped into every possible piece of furniture, and tripped over even the smallest things that lied in your way. i think you even fell going up the stairs, but all i heard was a thump and a faint curse breathily escape your mouth, so who knows.

you haltingly told me to sit on the couch, "make myself at home," but even you weren't at peace within the walls you couldn't seem to call your own.

we both wander the halls with much more ease now, but i'll never forget it. the barren walls and the troublesome fumbling.

you spent ten minutes simply looking for a jacket while i uncomfortably sat on your couch, waiting for your soft voice to tell me it was time to go. i hope you know that i saw your jacket hanging on the coat rack beside the front door, and just didn't have the heart to tell you. sorry.

but look how far we've come. i remember how awkward i was in your living room months ago, but now it's the room i'm deciding to write all this in. and now you walk like you actually know what you're doing — when you walk, that is.

you haven't left your bed in two days.

THIRTY-SIX MINUTES REMAINING