23:09

02. DANGERS OF FALLING

i didn't say much to you.

i was so quiet; it makes me wonder why you even bothered putting your number in my phone. i guess you just knew i was more than my silence.

but you don't know what it's like to be in your presence. words suddenly mean so much more. i doubted and overthought everything that wanted to pour from my mouth.

i think my only words to you were, "i ran into a door... finger-first," when you asked how i broke my index finger. you only laughed, and i spent a solid twelve minutes wondering if you were laughing at me, the idiot who smashed his finger into a door and somehow broke it.

still, you wanted us to swap numbers. maybe you just have a fetish for clumsy, quiet guys. i always meant to ask, but...

you called me just minutes after you left and we actually spoke. it was easier for me to form intelligible sentences when you weren't there to make the air thicker and my throat tighter, and i think you knew that.

our first conversation was you jokingly telling me the blatant dangers of running into doors.

i think you should've told me about the dangers of falling in love with you, first. maybe then, i would've known what to expect and this wouldn't be so hard.

still, i want you to know that i don't regret a thing.

FIFTY-ONE MINUTES REMAINING