Professor Sirius Black

Elphinstone Urquart was late to the first Defense Against the Dark Arts class.

"Oi... you take a shower this morning, Padfoot? I think your dog smell has scared off the professor!" James snickered as he sat down in his usual seat.

"Yes, I fucking showered!" Sirius answered, and he accidentally-on-purpose hit James in the back of the head with his bookbag.

James sat forward, "Could kill a man like that!" he complained, rubbing his head, but Sirius just grinned as he deposited the bag onto the desktop. James looked over at Lily, who was unpacking her bag on his left side and his eyes scooted from her perfectly laid out parchment, quill, and ink bottle, up to her face. "Did you see what he's just done?"

"Hmm?" she looked over, "You mean defend himself as you bully him? I did."

"Ah bloody hell," James muttered and he turned and looked up at the office door at the top of the winding staircase, where Remus had gone to knock and see if Professor Urquart was there - but Remus was turned back toward them, shrugging, and coming back down the stairs. "He isn't in there?" James asked.

"If he is, then he isn't answering," Remus replied.

Lily looked upset, "Well this is the very first class! That's not a very good sign for him to be a good teacher!"

"Too bad Peter isn't here, we could send him to go see if he's still at breakfast," James said, leaning back in his seat and stretching out. Because Peter had gotten Poor on his Defense Against the Dark Arts O.W.L., he wasn't able to continue on in the class, and so he'd gone to the library instead to do some pre-studying for Charms and Transfiguration, which they would be attending after lunch. James watched as Lily sat down and opened her textbook to the first chapter and set to bending over it to read, crossing her feet - her braid falling over her shoulder onto the open page of the book.

Sirius grinned as Remus sat down at his desk and started unpacking the same as Lily had done. He turned on his heels and walked backwards toward the front of the room.

"What are you doing?" Remus asked suspiciously, looking up as Sirius went 'round the desk to the teacher's seat. "Sirius, you shouldn't --"

But Sirius had already set himself down in the chair and was flinging his feet up on the desk and he grinned, lounging there a moment before he sat forward and picked up a pair of glasses that sat, neatly folded, on the desk. He shoved them onto his face. "Bleeding hell, this codger's even blinder than you are, Prongsie."

James snickered.

"Remus -- Moony -- darling, do you fancy me in spectacles?" SIrius asked, modelling the glasses and framing his face with his hands. "Do I look smarter?" The glasses fell down his face as he said this and he swore and pushed them back up.

"You'd look smartest if you came to your desk," Remus muttered, "Before you get yourself in trouble."

"Yes, Sirius, do sit down before you get yourself in trouble," Lily said.

Sirius grinned and drew his wand, waving it at the blackboard. A bit of chalk flew up from the tray before it and he cleared his throat as the chalk wrote out PROFESSOR SIRIUS BLACK across the board. He turned - the glasses falling back down, and he pushed them back up. "Alright you slackers... today I'm going to teach you to defend yourselves like men! ...and women!" he added the second part when Lily Evans had looked up with a disapproving expression.