It's Punk Rock, Prongs

Peter Pettigrew woke up the morning after the full moon curled up beneath his pillow. The little rat trembled as he lay, his long wormy tail laying over his twitchy pointed nose. He nosed his way out from beneath the pillow and blinked his beady little eyes up at the bright sun. His bedroom window was open, the curtains fluttering lightly in the morning breeze. He'd spent the night sitting in the window, waiting for an owl from the fellas... and when the moon had risen and no letter had come, he'd transformed alone and hid beneath his pillow, trembling.

He crawled out, across the bed, over the duvet, and he transformed so that he was laying in his human form, his head in the pillows he'd just been hiding beneath. His eyes were moist with tears.

Of course they hadn't forgotten that it had been the full moon. How could they? It was the one day a month their lives all revolved around, wasn't it? Especially Sirius's. And sure, Remus was away, sure Remus was in Iceland, but did that mean that they wouldn't keep the tradition and go out marauding anyway? Certainly James and Sirius were together some place, having laughs and making memories without him.

No... they hadn't forgotten the moon.

It was Peter Pettigrew who they'd forgotten.

But then... what else was new, ey? Peter Pettigrew was always forgotten. By everyone.

Even the people he loved the most.

Maybe even them most especially.

He sighed and rolled over, hugging his knees tight to his chest and cried himself back to sleep.

"Hold still."

"Don't stab me."

"I won't if you stay still."

"But you're getting close to -- ow!"

"See? I told you." Lily dropped the kohl pencil to the counter and grabbed a damp cotton ball, sweeping it over Sirius's face. "You made me mess it up."

"You stabbed me in the eye," Sirius complained.

Lily sighed and kept wiping the messiness off from under his eyes, then pushed him down so he was sitting on the closed toilet seat instead of standing as he had been. "Close your eyes."

Sirius stared up at her.

"Fine, no eyeliner for you."

"No! No! Please!" He closed his eyes quickly. "Make me a fabulously sexy raccoon."

"Good boy." She smirked.

Lily leaned back in, biting her tongue and raising the kohl pencil again. She pressed her palm to Sirius Black's forehead, leaning his neck back so his face aimed up at her and she carefully swept the pencil along the bottom of his eyes, sweeping it beneath his eyelashes, darkening the edges of his lids. She ran her thumb gently over the line she'd made, smudging it, darkening the skin, and then raising the pencil again and redarkening the lines. She blew gently to puff the excess kohl dust away.

Sirius's eyes fluttered open.

Lily took a step back, dropping the pencil onto the counter and smirked at Sirius as he stared up at her.

"How's it look?" he asked, blinking.

"Positively bad ass," Lily answered fondly. She held up a mirror for him to see.