Sonilver💙

"I only like you as a friend, Shadow. I have a crush on Sonic."

Sonic (along with the Sonilver shippers) shouted for joy at having his feelings returned, and gave Silver a bear hug.

Shadow barely changed his expression from his usual blank face, but Silver could tell that he was disappointed, even a little sad.

Silver felt awful.

But before he could think of anything to say to comfort his friend, the group heard giggling come the kitchen. They turned to see Sally and Wave pushing Rouge through the kitchen door.

Rouge looked nervous.

"Um... Is Rouge okay?" Sonia asked.

Sally was giggly as she answered, "She's just a little embarrassed."

"You two are making it worse..." Rouge whispered.

Wave held the kitchen door open.

"What's she embarrassed about?" Shadow asked.

Rouge gulped. Before Shadow could process it, Rouge kissed him on the lips, then ran back into the kitchen.

In shock, Shadow asked, "What... What was that...?"

"We told Rouge that she had to kiss her crush." Wave answered. She yelled to Rouge, "But we never said 'on the lips'!"

"Shut your mouth!" Rouge yelled from the kitchen.

Shadow was still in shock.

"Yo, Shadow, you okay?" Jet asked.

Shadow brought his fingers across his lips, trying to understand that Rouge just kissed him, and likes him.

Suddenly, Shadow blushed redder than his stripes with a grin on his face.

"Oooooooh, Shadow's catching feelings!" Knuckles said laughing.

As the other players laughed, Silver smiled, happy that Shadow had a chance with someone else.