chapter 21

Ariana's p.o.v

The phone drops out of my hands as my eyes widen. Is he okay. Is he alive.

I instantly realise what I've done and I quickly pick up the phone.

" Charles are you there, CHARLES"?! I scream starting to freak out.
" Yeah Ariana I'm here, don't freak out okay, you can drive down here but don't tell too many people" Charles sighs.

" Okay I'm coming right now"! I say hanging up and packing a bag with a few clothes and other things needed.

I call Ethan as I walk out the door.

" Hello, Ariana are you okay"? Ethan asks as he answers.
" Yeah E I'm fine, look somethings come up and I have to go to Texas for a few days.... Don't worry I'll be fine" I say as I get into the car.

" Okay Ariana I trust you" Ethan smiles. I then hang up the phone as I start the car.

" Okay bub. We're going to see your dad" I whisper under my breath as I begin to drive.

--------------

Once I arrive at the hospital it's almost 8pm. I park the car and rush into the hospital.

I walk up the front office.

" Hello how can I help- oh wait don't tell me you're here for your baby"! The front desk lady grins.

" I wish, but actually no I'm here to see Joseph Birlem"?I pant out of breath.
" Uhh yes! He's in room 366" the doctor smiles as I grab my bag and walk to his room.

I quietly peep my head thru the door.

I see Sophia, Bella, Charles, jen.....and Joey peacefully lying with his eyes shut on the bed.

I haven't seen them in ages. How am I going to tell them it's his baby... I won't.

" Hey guys....." I awkwardly stand at the door.
" ARIANA"!? sophia looks at me with wide eyes as everyone turns their heads.
" Uhm yeah.... I heard about this and I had to know he was okay" I shrug walking closer as sophia sprints to hug me until she notices my stomach.

" Ariana you're pregnant"?! Bella grins looking at me.
" Well Uh yeah haha" I smile.
" Who's the father"?! Jen smiles.
" Uhh... I'm not sure" I shrug.

We talk to each other for hours until sophia begins to get tired.

" Us girls should probably get some rest. Please call us if my baby boy wakes up" Jen smiles walking out the door.

" Ariana" Charles breathes out engolfing me in a tight hug.

" Charles how is he"? I sigh.
" He hasn't shown any sign of consciousness" Charles shakes his head.

I slowly walk over to Joeys bed as I look down at him. I swear he gets more and more attractive each time i see him.

" Ariana I have something to confess" Charles shakes his head.
" What"? I ask turning my head.
" follow me" Charles says as we walk out into his car.
" Let me take you to Joey's appartment"? Charles asks.
" Okay... " I nod.

Once we arrive he opens the door and leads me into Joey's room. I'm completely shocked.

" Is this Joey's room"? I ask.
" No. This was his secret room. He didn't even let me in it, so yesterday while he was in hospital I walked in and found this" Charles half smiles as I walk around the room.

There are pictures of me and him, pictures of us in highschool. Pictures of me asleep.

The one thing in the corner of my eye caught my attention.

I slowly walk over to it. It's a pin board with notes and a map on it.

One note read:

" I will find her one day. And when I do I'm going to hold onto her, And never let her go"

There's a spot on the map that has multiple pins. It's around LA.

He was trying to find me all that time and I didn't even know.

" He called your number but you changed it. He called Ethan and Grayson but they never answered. He even asked me and I had to reply with a 'I don't know'" Charles sighs.
" Charles..... He-he was trying to find me"? I say as a few tears leave my eyes.

" Ariana. Joey never stopped looking for you, since the day you left.... I don't think he stopped loving you either" Charles frowns looking to his feet.

" Why are you sad. He's going to make it Charles, Joey has to make it"! I say as I burst out into tears and fall to the ground.

" Ariana. He's going to be fine. I know Joey. He fights for what he wants" Charles nods helping me off the floor as he walks me out of Joey's room.

" Do you want to sleep at Joey's for the night"? Charles asks.
" I would like that" I nod wiping the tears away.
" I'll be back to get you in the morning, stay calm" Charles nods walking out the door.

I walk into that extra room that wasnt even Joey's room. It had a double bed in it which I carefully crawled onto trying not to mess it up.

But as I put my head down on a pillow.... All I smelt was him.

I needed him now. I wanted him now. I craved him now.

I have never needed anyone so much like I do right now...

I inhale the smell and brought back all the memories.

As I lie down I look at all the pictures hung up on his wall. I missed his stupid jokes. His laugh that would always bring a smile to my face.

And just his feeling of warmth made me crave him like nothing before.

I needed Joey. I need Joey now

Joeys like my drug.....

I'm addicted to him.