Epilogue~19 Years Later

Five college tuitions starting this year. Richard and Victoria decided to postpone college for a year so they could all start college together. Rory and Logan couldn't believe it the day that Richard, Victoria, Finn, Colin, and Emily said they had all been accepted to Harvard, Yale, and Princeton. They were even more surprised when all five kids said they would following in their parents footsteps and going to Yale, along with Lorelai Anne, Logan Colin, and Stephanie Juliet who were starting Yale as well this year. 

"Can you believe it, Logan? Tomorrow is move in day and we'll have an empty house for the first time in almost twenty years," Rory said to him sadly.

"I know Ace. We've raised some amazing kids though. I only hope they don't get into the trouble that we did with the Brigade back than," Logan replies.

 Rory laughs, than the kids walk in. "What are you laughing about mom?" Victoria asks.

"Just something Dad said hon," Rory replies to her oldest daughter with a smile.

"Are you guys talking about the Life and Death Brigade again?" Richard asks.

"Yes son. You are all legacies for the Brigade, but please promise us that you won't go off and do stupid stunts like I did with Costa Rica," Logan says.

"We promise Dad," all the kids say simultaneously, causing their parents to laugh. 

"Are you guys packed and ready to go for move in day tomorrow?" Rory asks her children.

"Yes mom," Emily replies, "and we all only kept out what we would need clothes wise for tomorrow."

"Don't worry mom, we'll be fine. Than you and dad can start back up with all your crazy things you did when you were our ages," Finn says with a laugh.

"Dad was the crazy one, remember Finn? Mom was tame until she met him. At least that's what Grandma Lorelai has always told us," Colin says as he joins his brother laughing.

Logan laughs with his youngest sons as he notices Rory blush. Even after all these years, she still knows how to make him fall more in love with her everyday.

MOVE IN DAY-YALE

Logan rented a moving truck to move boxes and new mattresses to Yale for the kids. Rory rode with him in the moving truck, while the kids piled into Richard's truck instead of all of them taking their own car to Yale. Victoria and Emily are rooming together on the first floor of Branford, where Rory and Logan first met, than Richard, Finn, and Colin are all on the second floor together. 

As they pull up to Yale, Rory looks at her husband of just over twenty years and smiles, "Can you believe that it's been forty years since we did moving day the last time?"

"I know Ace. Now we're moving our kids in and getting ready to be empty nesters for the first time since Richard and Tori were born. It's crazy how fast the last twenty years have gone."

"Exactly honey. It's been one hell of a ride," Rory replies with a smile as she starts to open the back door of the moving truck.

"Precisely Ace. I do know one thing though," Logan says as he helps her open the door.

"What's that?"

"I love you more today than I did almost forty years ago Ace."

Rory blushes and quickly kisses Logan, "I love you too Logan. So much more than I thought possible all those years ago."

"Can you quit being sappy, please?" Finn says as he walks up to start unloading boxes for his sisters.

Logan and Rory laugh as their other children walk up, all adding their agreement for their parents to stop the sappy talk.

Logan, Richard, Finn, and Colin first unload the boxes for Victoria and Emily while the girls hand things down to them. While they are unloading the boxes, they get some visitors at the truck.

"Hello loves. How are my favorite girls?" Finn asks.

"Uncle Finn!" Emily exclaims as she runs to hugs him.

"Hey Finn. Where's everyone at?" Rory asks as she hugs one of her best friends.

"Around. Moving things into their dorms. I saw the truck, so figured I'd come say hi." Finn says with a grin.

"Hey man. I see you're avoiding manual labor just like the old days," Logan says with a laugh.

Everyone laughs at this comment and continues moving the boxes out of the truck, when finally an hour later, they are completely done and it's time to say their good byes for the time being until the kids come home for a break.

Logan and Rory  watch their children walk away, off to start their new lives in college. Steph and Finn, Juliet and Robert, and Rosemary and Colin stand there as well watching their own children walk away with their friends, and everything is as it should be. The older generation of The Life and Death Brigade stands arm in arm, with the new generation of the Brigade all grown up.

Off in another area, Rory's little brother William Jeffrey Danes is walking onto the campus his big sister almost chose for college. Will picked Harvard for this very reason and couldn't wait to see all the different competitions he would have with his sister and her children.

                                                                                                           THE END

I AM SOOOO SORRY THAT IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO FINISH THIS LAST CHAPTER EVERYONE!!!!! I HAVE BEEN HAVING A HARD TIME WITH FINDING THE RIGHT WAY TO END THIS STORY.... I KNEW I WANTED THE KIDS TO GO TO YALE, BUT I WAS NOT SURE IF I WOULD HAVE RORY'S BROTHER AT YALE OR HARVARD. I FINALLY MADE THE DECISION TODAY AND FINISHED IT. I MAY EVENTUALLY PICK UP AND DO A STORY EACH ON RORY'S CHILDREN, BUT I HAVE NOT DECIDED YET OR WHERE I WOULD EVEN START WITH THOSE. THANK YOU TO ALL WHO STUCK THRU THE STORY WITH ME! I APPRECIATE YOUR VOTES AND COMMENTS MORE THAN YOU COULD POSSIBLY KNOW! AND ALSO, WILLIAM WAS LUKE'S DAD'S FIRST NAME, JEFF WAS ONE OF LUKE'S FRIENDS... THANK YOU AGAIN EVERYONE! :* <3 ~NIKKI~