Anniversary

Tomorrow is Rory and Logan's first wedding anniversary. The last year has flown by, the twins are crawling now and everything has been going great. Logan walks into Victoria's nursery to find Rory playing with her and Richard.

"Hey Ace. Did you want a night away from the twins or a family day tomorrow?"

"I'm happy with either honey. We can always do a night away another day for our anniversary and spend this one with the twins."

"I like that idea Ace. I'll get everything planned and we can enjoy the day with our kids."

"Sounds great honey. Just let me know what the plan is when you get it figured out," Rory tells him.

"I will Ace," Logan replies as he leans down to kiss Rory and the twins before walking back out of Victoria's room.

Logan goes to their home office and starts making some calls. He's decided to surprise Rory with a trip to see her mother and everyone she knows in Stars Hollow for their anniversary. It's been awhile since Rory has made a trip home and even though they just saw Lorelai and Luke, Logan knows Rory misses Lane and everyone else at home.

"Hello son in law. To what do I owe the pleasure of this phone call?" Lorelai says as soon as she answers her phone.

"Hey Mom. Rory decided she wants to have a family day for our anniversary tomorrow so I figured I'd surprise her with a trip to Stars Hollow. Can we get a room at the Dragonfly?" Logan asks Lorelai.

"Just you two and I'll keep my grandbabies, right??"

"Hadn't planned for that option, but if Rory wants to have a night just the two of us that would be great actually."

"You both have no choices in this one. I want my grandbabies overnight and you can enjoy your anniversary night just the two of you. But don't tell my daughter. It's our anniversary present to you guys," Lorelai tells him.

"Ok. Thanks mom. I'll tell her we're spending the night at the inn but I won't tell her that you said you're taking the twins."

"Sounds good Logan. See you all tomorrow!"

"See you tomorrow," Logan says as he hangs up the phone with Lorelai, smiling and starts to think back on when he first started calling her mom.

*Flashback to a couple months after the LDB trip*

"Hey Lorelai. How's everything going?" Logan had asked his mother in law at their Friday night dinner with Emily.

"Hey Logan. It's going great. Now I've got a question for you," Lorelai had replied.

"What's up?"

"When are you going to start calling me mom? You've been married to my daughter for six months and you two have been together for ever."

"Oh um well I hadn't thought about it honestly."

"Good well than think about it and you can start calling me mom now."

Logan just laughed at her and replied, "Ok mom. I'll do that."

"Good. Now give me my grandbabies," Lorelai had said with a smile.

*Back to present day*

Logan was still smiling when Rory came into their office and snaps him back to reality, "Hey honey. What are you smiling about?"

"Just thinking back on the day we got married Ace and getting everything set for tomorrow," Logan replies.

Rory works over to Logan and sits on his lap, "So have you figured out what we're going to do tomorrow?"