chapter 1 continued

Jasper’s P.O.V.

     Jessica and I were just finished getting dressed after getting together when I caught this amazing scent of chocolate and green apples. I knew even before my wolf started yelling in my head that whoever belonged to this scent was my mate. I whispered the word and next thing I knew Jessica was kissing me. Right then my door is opened and the scent from earlier is stronger than ever but before I could pull away from Jessica the scent is gone. When I do pull away I look around and think.

     Jessica and I have been together for about two years now and we know we aren’t mates but we still like to get together and help each other out. But now that I know my mate is here somewhere I have to talk to my dad and then come up with a way to tell Jessica........

     “Oh Jasper I knew we were mates! I knew you loved me just like I loved you!” Jessica said before going out the door pulling me out of my thoughts.

I was shocked she thought that I was her mate. I knew she wasn’t mine I just have to tell her it’s not her. I went to my father’s office after showering and getting Jessica’s stench off of me and asked “Hey dad? What are the signs of knowing who your mate is?”

“Well first you notice their scent, then your wolf recognizes it and wont stop saying mate till you find and mark her, then if you touch her skin there’s an electric current going between you two. Why? Did you finally find your mate and why didn’t you come down to greet your mother’s sister and her daughter? That was very rude considering your going to be alpha in two years.

“yes dad I think I found my mate and what do you mean mom’s sister? Wasn’t she killed when the rouges killed her mate? And I didn’t know I had a cousin.”

“Son I told you a month ago to expect your mothers sister and daughter! What have you been doing since then that has made you forget?”

“I have school and Jessica to worry about dad!”

“Well I hope you keep better track of who’s coming and going in this house to find whoever your mate is.”

I got up then not ready to hear a lecture only to be hit with the door by someone who smelled like my mate but when I looked up I saw someone who looked like my mother but she wasn’t. I guess this must be mom’s sister. When I stopped staring I realized this woman was upset.

“Greg! My daughter found her mate! But when I saw there were tears in her eyes and she said someone was kissing him! What is the meaning of this? Aren’t unmated males kept from unmated females?”

“Kathy? My son’s mate is your daughter? How in the world am I supposed to keep teenage guys with testosterone level that are sky high away from unmated girls?”

I was shocked to say the least my mate was my cousin is my mate. I couldn’t get that out of my head. I walked downstairs to see everyone in the kitchen eating I grabbed the plate of food and sat down with Jessica on my lap.

I was kissing Jessica when again I smelt my mates wonderful sent but only for a minute before it disappeared. I set Jessica on my seat and ran after the girl. When I reached her I grabbed her arm and said “I jasper reject Samantha as my mate” and then left her. When I sat down at the table again all we heard was a loud scream and then it was absolutely quiet. My dad turned to me and said “You did not do what I think you did? Did you?!?!”

“She’s my cousin father she cannot be my mate!”

“You stupid little bot! She wasn’t a cousin by blood! Your mothers parents adopted Kathy after her parents were killed by the rouge who killed her mate and pack!”

“I…I didn’t know that.”

“Of course you didn’t!”

And with that my father went running off and I followed. When we got to the spot where I had rejected my mate we found her laying on the floor unconscious. I was so scared I knew if a wolf was already weak that they could possibly die if their mate rejects them. My dad picked my mate up which made me growl.

“You have no right to growl at me Jasper I’m saving your mates life.” My dad said walking off to the infirmary.

~~A/N~~

So sorry for the late post! I promise I'll post more. Please if you have any suggestions on editing let me know.

thelovelyrose