Chapter 1 Family is not always determined by biology

WOLF IN THE MIRROR

Chapter 1 Family is not always determined by biology

When a loving couple in Texas had received the call, they had been so flustered. Mr. and Mrs. Dancer had applied at many adoption agency, foster care system, and a adoption lawyer. After the last three tries, the birth mothers had changed their minds, either chose another couple or kept their babies.

Gerald's heart broke, knowing how traumatic, the three attempted adoptions had been for Mara, his wife. They didn't know why they were infertile, but he loved Mara so much, he didn't care if they had biological child of their own. All he cared about was his Mara's happiness.

At thirty five, Mara was even more beautiful then when he first met her at Plano East Senior High school, in Texas. He was a senior and she was a sophomore. He was to tongue tied when he was around her, Frozen in place, when he would see her warm brown eyes and long black hair. During high school, the blonde jock never had the courage to ask Mara out.

Couple of years later, he had heard from one of his team mates at Texas A&M, of a hot new freshman girl. The sweetest smile and sexiest famaliar curves greeted Gerald with a warm hug, when the hot new girl spotted him walking to class. She had remembered him! Mara still had his stomach in knots, but this time he had the courage to ask her out on a date. The football player was ecstatic when his dream girl said yes.

A year later, “I Do!” came out of her soft, sweet lips, in the small christian church, in their hometown of Plano, Texas. Gerald loved Mara's big smile, but hated the sad smiles and frowns, she sported lately. But the call from Mr. Thomas Tower, the adoption lawyer, had put the hope and smile back on her face. “Gerald, Mr. Tower gave me the number for a Mrs. Walter to call. She has three babies for us. Three!” After a deep breath, “we have to fly out to Los Angeles, California.”

“Oh my god, Mara! We can finally have part of our football team!” They called Mrs. Walter on speaker phone to learn about the babies. Mara called their parents, and started packing. Gerald called both of their personal assistants, to rearrange Mara and his work schedules. His PA, made the flight and hotel reservation, with open ended tickets. He honestly didn't know how the adoption might go.

The next morning the car service took them to the address Mrs. Walters had given them. A glass and metal sleek three story building met their hopeful eyes as they pulled up. Before they stepped out of the minivan, Gerald turned to his beautiful wife. "maa, no matter what happens, I love you. If we are never blessed with a child, we are blessed to have each other." Mara's eyes glowed with love as she listened to his reassuring words.

She clsp his large hands in her own small ones and gave him a heart felt squeeze. 'i'll be all right. This time is different, i can feel it." Mara smiled up at his face. "I love you, Gerald."

They stepped out of the vechicle as the cab driver opened the back and pulled out the three carseats. "I'll park and get the seats strapped in to the van for you. Call my card when you are ready to go to the hotel." the tall driver said. and pulled out a square business card. Gerald took it with a nervous smile. 'Thanks.'

"Good Luck, you both seem like really nice people.'

Mara smiled at the compliment.of the driver. "Let's go meet our children!"

Gerald smiled really big. 'Ok Mrs. Dancer!"

They pushed the security doorbell and a gruff male  voice answered. "Yes."

"We are Mr. and Mrs. Dancer, we have an appointment with Mrs. Walter."

A buzzer sounded and the door unlocked. "They must have security so high because of the children's safety."