Guess Whos Back

[ ........... pov ] *this is how I'm doing pov's from now on and I'm also trying double spacing because why not haha love you all

Vote, comment, be beautiful

[catherine]

James glanced up at me for the first time. We have been trying on dresses for hours and he's been on his phone the whole time. I hated the devices, although I guiltily admit I have an iPhone. His eyes look me up and down and he makes the twirling motion with his hand. Obliging to his "command" I twirl around and look at myself in the mirror.

I look a lot better than I care to admit. I've always been that self conscious person but James makes me feel actually good about myself. I smile at him and he nods.

"That's the dress." His tone is serious and I can tell he's in business mode right now. When he's like this it means there's no room to argue so I nod silently. He notices my quiet reply and sighs. "You will buy it, Cat... Or I will buy it for myself."

The joke is forced but he's still funnier than I ever will be so I crack a smile and go back into the dressing room. The stunning dress hugged my body in a way I usually wouldn't like but it was way too flattering. I got a glimpse of the price tag and widened my eyes. That's way way way too much. No way.

"James. I'm not getting this dress it's too much money." I don't hear a reply so I assume he's on the phone. I reach for the zipper and bit my lip in concentration. My fingers are so close but I can't reach it. I look in the mirror and start laughing at how ridiculous I look. I abruptly stop laughing as I see footsteps just outside my dressing room. "James?"

The curtain is pushed aside and I stumble back before sighing. It's just James. Something is putting me on edge today, I just can't put my finger on it. Call it intuition but I can't help but-

"What are you doing?" James teases me. I blush and look at the zipper which I managed to only drag halfway down my back. His eyes glisten in amusement and he hangs up the phone. I frown. He doesn't even say goodbye, he just hangs up. "Allow me to help."

"I will let you help once you call that person back and apologize." He stifles a laugh and shakes his head, reaching for my zipper. I swat his hand away. As much as I want him to help I feel bad for the receiving end of that phone call.

"Okay okay, fine." He grumbles something and I watch him. He dials a number before looking at the ground and mumbling into the phone. "Sorry about hanging up. Can I call you maybe later? Something came up."

I smile in satisfaction and reach out to ruffle his hair. I was proud he had not argued with me that much and he had actually followed through. He was starting to show a little of his kind side to others who were not me. The person must've agreed because he says his goodbyes again before turning to me.

"Must you always make me embarrass myself?" I chuckle and nod. He deserves it. "Now turn around. We had a deal."

I rolled my eyes but turned around, lifting up my hair so it wouldn't get caught in the zipper. I felt his hands wrap around my waist before pulling me back. His breath fanned across my neck and I shivered.

"I don't think this is relevant to zipping down my dress." In reply he chuckled before gently tugging the zipper down. Every so often he would leave a little kiss on my neck or shoulder. After what seemed like an eternity of his cautious hands he spun me around and pulled the dress down. "James!"

He smirked and looked up innocently. His eyes had been focused on my body and I grab a shirt. He fakes a pout and I can't help but break out in a smile.