Magical Introduction

Bắt đầu từ đầu

When Zia's jeggings, crisp oxford shirt, and pale green hijab was cleared of soot, McGonagall continued. She led the three Khans to the front desk, where Mr. and Mrs. Khan exchanged their Muggle bank notes into funny little gold, silver and bronze coins, called Galleons, Sickles and Knuts.

McGonagall accompanied them out onto the front steps of the beautiful marble building, took out the list of school supplies, and pointed out where they would find the various items on it. After doing so, she disappeared with a crack! leaving the Khans to their own devices.

"Mum, can I please see the list?'' Zia wondered, and when she was handed the piece of parchment, read aloud:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

UNIFORM

First-year students will require:
1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
4. One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupils' clothes should carry name tags

COURSE BOOKS

All students should have a copy of each of the following:
The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk
A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling
A Beginners' Guide to Transfiguration by Emetic Switch
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore
Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT
Wand
Cauldron (pewter, standard size 2) set glass or crystal phials
Telescope set
Brass scales

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN
BROOMSTICKS

When she finished, Zia was practically bursting with excitement.

''Can we please go to the bookstore?'' She asked her parents, who were still feebly attempting to process all the information, and understand what it meant.

Like where on Earth does dragon hide come from? or why aren't first years permitted something as harmless as a broomstick? and what are they going to do with pewter cauldrons?

Nonetheless, they decided to ignore the absurdity of the situation at hand and went willingly with their more-than-willing daughter to the wizard bookstore, Flourish and Blotts.

Zia went absolutely wild among the warm light that emanated between the books, lighting her young face up, as she released only small ooh's and aah's after she collected and paid for her school books.

The rest of the equipment was gathered, until all that was left was her wand. The Khan family headed into the small, forest-green shop labeled Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 B.C. A faint bell jingled when they entered the small shop, where a man who could only be Mr. Ollivander stood behind his counter, observing the girl who entered his store with unnerving insight.

"Hello, Miss Khan. I have awaited your arrival ever since news of your abilities reached Dumbledore. I look forward to finding you the perfect wand for you to be able to harness that incredible magic of yours," he rasped, as he walked over to Zia and pulled out a tape measure that measured various of Zia's dimensions on its own.

He went behind the counter again and began to wander through the shelves of his store, crystal eyes scanned the little boxes, to find the one that belonged to Zia

"Aah, here we are," as he pulled out a box, and walked over to Zia.

He opened it, and held it out for her to see. At her confused expression, he told her to take out and wave it about. When she did as he asked, warmth spread from her very core to the edges of her fingers, and emerged as green and gold sparks from the tip of the wand.

"Sycamore wood, for your curious mind, dragon heartstring core, to assist you in achieving those ambitions of yours, and unyielding flexiblity, as it will remain loyal to you for as long as it agrees with your intentions," Mr. Ollivander smiled.

"How much will it cost, sir?" Mr. Khan burst in, causing the aging wizards head to snap up, smile, and answer that it cost seven Galleons.

After they had paid, and were to leave, Mr. Ollivander spoke once more.

"I wish you the best of luck, Miss Khan, for I'm afraid your journey will not be the easiest," he said mysteriously, as he gave her one last smile.

-----

A whistle blew, accompanied by the release of steam, signaling that the massive train engine in front of Zia's eyes was to leave momentarily. The Hogwarts express was a massive masterpiece, huffing and puffing, but strong and reliable, and ready to take Zia and her peers to Hogwarts.

The three Khans stood, and regarded each other silently while they attempted to negotiate a good-bye, because Zia's luggage had already been brought on board.

"We'll see you at Christmas, Zia, but until then, we promise to write to you every week, and you have to write back. Be perfectly honest whenever you write, so that we can sort out anything troubling you. Remember everything we've taught you, not only about what you can and can't do, but also about how to treat your peers. Above all, remember to never give up, not ever, not for one single day. Be safe, if you can, but always be amazing, my love," Mrs. Khan said, not even close to shedding a tear, but instead had a resolute expression, determined to do what was best for her daughter.

Zia nodded, and gave both her parents a hug, and just barely got in the train, before another whistle sounded, and the Hogwarts Express rolled out of Platform Nine and Three-Quarters.

Additional Disclaimer: The quote "never give up, not ever, not for one single day. Be safe, if you can, but always be amazing" in the second paragraph of this chapter is from Doctor Who, written by the aforementioned TV show's writers. It is trademarked by the BBC. I do not own it, nor do I claim to own it. I do not profit from using it. Again, please don't sue me.