Magical Introduction

Start from the beginning

"Amir, look closely at Miss McGonagall. Note how her calm and composed demeanor reveals a perfectly sane mind, and collected character. Her bizarre outfit suggests there might be some merit to her claims. Let's just hear what she has to say," Mrs. Khan appeared to have reached a conclusion with her careful consideration of the perplexing persona seated in front of her.

As Mr. Khan had relaxed considerably, McGonagall resumed, still talking to Zia.

"Your magic is very powerful, and will benefit you greatly, but only if you can learn to control it. There is a brilliant school for children like you, where you can make friends among people like yourself, and build a future somewhere more suited for someone with your strengths. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry," she finished, brandishing a letter written on parchment, handing it to Zia.

Miss Z. Khan
7 Reitz Street
Upper Kempley
Wiltshire

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Miss Khan,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall,
Deputy Headmistress

Zia read her letter, and silently handed it to her parents, who finished it just as quickly.

"How do we know Zia will safe at this school? Because we refuse to send her to some random castle, as far away as the Scottish highlands, without knowing that our daughter can be guaranteed safety," Mrs. Khan determined.

"That is completely understandable. I will gather a few non-magic parents of current or former Hogwarts pupils, in order to reassure you of the security of our school. I would like to bring them in as early as tomorrow, so that I can take you shopping for school supplies," McGonagall responded. She rose, straightened her robes, and vanished from the spot with a crack.

-----

Zia spun around rapidly, surrounded by a thin veil of crackling green flames, tickling slightly. She watched several different locations pass by, her eyes alight with wonder. Although her caramel skin glistened with sweat, she showed no signs of discomfort, as she chose to absorb as much of this experience as she could. Suddenly, the flames ushered her out into a large hall lined with marble, lit with crystal chandeliers hanging above her, and the occasional ray of sunshine slipped in through the behemoth doors to her left. In front of her was a row of desks, where strange, pale creatures with long pointed ears and half bald heads sat with their backs to her. She could barely make out another row of these odd creatures in front of the row closest to her. To her right was a sort of a head table, where another strange creature was seated. This one was paler, had less hair and pointier ears. Zia's jaw almost hit the floor when she realized what these bizarre little men were. Goblins.

She had no more time to ponder upon this, as another pair of whooshes revealed her parents and McGonagall. The former gasped in surprise, whereas the latter remained unperturbed and got straight to business.

"This is Gringotts, the wizarding bank, where you will exchange Muggle money into wizard currency, in order to be able to purchase Miss Khan's school equipment,'' McGonagall explained, as she took out a wooden stick which Zia assumed was her wand, and waved it over them muttering something that sounded like scourgify.