The Months That Followed

In the months that followed things were going amazing between Evan and I. We were officially together, and I couldn't be happier! My sixteenth birthday was approaching and I couldn't help but think how awesome it would be to be kissed by Evan (my first kiss, which I was extremely nervous about) when I turned sixteen.

Well, time passed and my birthday came and passed. A week after my birthday I went to bowling practice. I stayed late with the guys and when I wanted to go home, Evan walked me to my car. He helped me put my bags in my car and then I said goodbye...but before I left he embraced me in a huge hug and while he hugged me he pushed me up against the car. I giggled...gosh he was cute and he smelled so good!

He backed off a little, leaning up against the car with one arm and the other placed securely around my waist. He looked me in the eyes, pulled me closer, and then moved his hand from my waist to my cheek. He brushed my hair away from my face and placed it behind my ear, never taking his eyes off mine. And then, he leaned in...this was it! The moment I had been waiting for my entire life! My first kiss! 

A million thoughts went through my head at this moment, in this short moment of him leaning in, I could not help but think...what if I am no good at this? what if I mess up? is there even a way to mess up a kiss? just keep it simple...you can do this....I closed my eyes and felt his lips contact mine...first soft and then harder. I felt him breathe softly on my lips and then go in for another kiss...so sweetly as he brushed his hand across my cheek.

That was it...I was in love with this boy!