third year ➤hippogriff

Start from the beginning

"Is that your bloody catchphrase?" I ask him. "Whenever you don't like something you call daddy and ask him to make your problem go away?"

"At least my father isn't rotting in Azkaban," he retorts.

"Oh, you'll regret that one, Malfoy," I say raising my fist to his face.

Before I can do anything I feel arms around my waist and look to see Harry pulling me back along with Ron and Seamus at either side of me for caution.

"Watch the attitude, (y/n). That's what got your drunk of a mother locked in Azkaban too."

I feel tears start to sting my eyes. Harry notices this and turns around. "Shut up, Malfoy," he says letting go of me and walking towards that foul blonde git.

"Ooh!" He says along with his stupid Slytherin goons.

He tosses his book bag to one of them and walks towards Harry, the crowd narrowing in on them watching in suspense. Draco then starts shrinking back in fear and I look at him partly wondering if he's having a fit of some sort.

"D-dementor, dementor!" He says pointing up.

Harry, along with the rest of us turn around in shock when Draco and his friends start laughing their arses off. We turn around and they throw the hoods of their cloaks over their eyes and making 'ooh'ing noises.

"You're such a tool, Malfoy," I mutter under my breath as Hermione goes up and pulls Harry away from them.

"Stupid orphan," he retorts.

"You didn't seem to think I was so stupid last year when you asked me to sit with you before basically begging me to tell you who the Heir of Slytherin was," I say making him shut up once and for all and also making a lot of the Gryffindor go 'oooh'. What children.

I walk over to my three best friends and smile. "You're pretty ruthless, (l/n)," Harry says.

"When it comes to him, yes I am," I reply.

Hagrid then clears his throat as he comes back from wherever he was. "Da-da-da-da," he says gesturing to a... what the heck is that thing,

A large sort of... bird? Stands before us. It's grey with specks of darker grey on certain areas of his body. He's got four legs, unlike a regular bird but he's got two wings as well. Not to mention a long sharp beak.

"Isn't 'e beautiful?" Hagrid asks enthusiastically. He throws a dead possum at it to which the creature catches it in its mouth. "Say hello, to Buckbeak."

"Hagrid, exactly what is that?" Ron asks.

"That, Ron, is a hippogriff. First thing you want to know about hippogriffs is that they're very proud creatures. Very easily offended. You do not want to insult a hippogriff. It may just be the last thing you ever do."

Well, that sounds great. Can't wait to get even closer to it, what a great thing you've brought us, Hagrid. This is great. Not.

"Now... who'd like to come and say hello? Two volunteers!" He says enthusiastically.

I look around and notice that everyone has stepped back except for Harry and I. "Oh... no..." I say. "You can let Harry have this incredible experience, I'll sit this one out," I say stepping back.