second year ➤i missed you

Start from the beginning

(y/n) seems unfazed by my words, she looks to the ground to the motionless Ginny passed out just a few feet away.

Yikes!

I turn to Ron and Hermione panicked. This might be a little hard to explain.

(y/n) shakes her head. "You nutters believed that?" She asks surprised.

Ron, Hermione and I stare at each other in confusion. I notice that Hermione and Ron hold their wands out at her, just in case and it makes me sad that it's come to this.

(y/n) rolls her eyes. "Really, you three, you think this would fool me? I was literally there with you when Hermikne proposed this whole polyjuice potion scheme."

Ron and Hermione lower their wands, their anger fading to embarrassment. I feel the same. How is it that none of us remembered?

"So all the things you told me?" Hermione asks.

"Fake," (y/n) says with a shrug. She looks sadly to Ginny who lays still on the ground. "Ginny hasn't spoken to me in ages. I wondered why she would out of the blue come up to me and ask if there was anything she should know," she says putting air quotes on 'anything she should know'. "C'mon Hermione have I taught you anything?"

"But why lie?" I ask.

She shrugs. "For fun."

I can't help but crack a smile at her. The (y/n) I remember. Haven't seen her in ages.

"Follow up question," Hermione says coldly.

"Go ahead," (y/n) replies.

"Why are you here now?"

She shifts uncomfortably and sits down. "To apologize. And. . . I'm ready to tell you."

K stare at her quizzically. "Tell us what exactly?"

"Everything."

The three of us look amongst each other skeptically.

"How do we know this isn't a trick?" Ron glares.

(y/n) is silent for a moment. "Because, you know that despite everything that's happened, you still care about me and you want me to en ok. Because you're the best friends anyone could have, the only friends really that I've ever had and I was stupid enough to let you all get away, even though I thought I was doing the right thing."

"How do you know we still care?" Hermione asks.

"Well do you still care?" (y/n) returns.

It's silent for a moment before finally I sit down across from her. "I care."

Hermione sits beside me a minute or so later. "I do too."

We turn to loom at Ron who still glares at her. He sighs, frustrated before he too, takes a seat. "I hate myself for it, but yeah, I care,"

(y/n) smiles the tiniest bit.

"But that doesn't mean we forgive you," Hermione points out. "It means we'll hear you out."