53 ~ Breathe Again

Start from the beginning

"Travis if your guys can wait, I can be there in about thirty minutes."

"My guy's have had a very long day. We can just get it in the morning. We need it for another party, tomorrow afternoon."

"Ok, I will pay any late charges that occur."

"Thank you Mr. Scott."

I hung up and dialed Sara but she didn't answer either. I could hear the pilot starting up the plane. I tried dialing Victoria one last time and still no answer. I was getting worried, so
I called Dean.

"Hello?" He sounded as if he was sleep.

"Hey, Victoria is not answering her phone. I just left about forty-five minutes ago and she said she was going to bed but now she isn't answering the phone."

"Maybe she turned it off," he said yawning.

"No, I can't see her doing that."

"Where are you headed?"

"New York but only for a day or two."

"I can go check on her, but it may take me a little while, I'm at my fishing camp in Grand Isle. You tried calling Sara?"

"Yeah she's not answering either. I'm just going to head back to the house."

"Are you sure? She's probably sleeping, it was a long day."

"Maybe, but I'm not taking any chances. I'll call you later." I hung up.

"Nadine?"

"Yes sir?"

"Tell the pilot I need to delay for a little bit. I need to check on something before I leave."

"What time do you want me to have him refile the flight plan?"

"In about two hours," I said unbuckling my seatbelt.

"Yes sir." She walked to the front of the plane. I grabbed my laptop and personal items. The door of the plane was let down and I walked towards the parking garage and got in my car. I tried dialing Vic and still no answer.

My phone rang and it was Dean.

"Hey, Alexander, I'm sending a cop over. You're right, it's strange Vic is not answering her phone."

"Yeah I'm headed over. I delayed my flight."

"Probably a good idea for now. I called Sara, she didn't answer so I called Dean and he said they were headed to Florida for a quick getaway. Sara and her mom got into it and he decided to whisk her away to get her mind off of it."

"Yeah Vic had mentioned they weren't getting along." I merged onto the interstate and luckily there wasn't any traffic.

My phone buzzed. "Hey that's Victoria calling, I'll call you back."

"Okay."

I quickly switched over. "Hey sweetheart."

The phone was quiet for a moment. "Hello?"

There was still silence. "Vic are you there? Honey is everything okay?"

"Daddy?"

"Mia?"

"Shh, bad people." Her voice was faint.

"What did you say?"

"Bad people daddy."

"Where are you Mia?"