53 ~ Breathe Again

Începe de la început

I landed on top of him. His mouth moved as he laid on his back. He made these faces full of anguish. His mouth was open as my thumbs pressed harder against his eyelids. His hands were hitting me from behind but all I could do was continue to press down on his sockets. His mouth moved and then the next thing I knew blackness had fallen upon me.

Alexander POV

I made it to the airport and was greeted by Nadine, a stewardess that had worked for us for years.

"Welcome aboard Mr. Scott. Everything has been prepared as you requested."

"Thanks Nadine."

I walked to the stairs of the plane and looked back. Something felt off. I felt these goosebumps on my arm.

"Are you okay sir?"

I turned to see Nadine looking confused.

"Yes, it's probably nothing." I nodded and continued on the plane. My phone started to ring and I looked down to see  that it was Hamilton, one of our junior associates at the firm.

I took my seat and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Tyler told us if we see Bernard hanging outside the building to call you or him. He's not answering so I called you."

"Did Bernard say anything to you?"

"He didn't see me but he was talking to a lady. She was a tall attractive blonde, in a black suit with a portfolio under her arm. He told her something that I couldn't hear so when the conversation was done she walked into the building. I followed her in and she was headed to Human Resources."

"Did you get a name?"

"No but I did see her texting something as she waited. Opal walked over to her and escorted her to the back. I'm just kinda waiting for Opal to come back."

"As soon as she does call me. I'm actually on my way back."

"Really? Wow it's been a little while. So you're feeling better? Your sabbatical was unexpected."

"I'm popping in and out. A day or two at the most."

"Well it will be good to have you back even for such a short time."

"Thanks Hamilton, I will see you soon and don't forget that name."

"Yes sir." I hung up and pulled out my laptop.

"Pilot said everything looks good and we will be departing in the next five minutes. Do you need anything prior to takeoff?"

"A ginger ale will be fine." She nodded and headed towards the back.

My phone rang but it was from an unknown number. "225-572-1345," I whispered. I had no idea who it was except it was a local number. It rang again and I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Is this Mr. Scott?"

"Yes?"

"This is Travis Willard from Louisiana Party Rentals."

"Oh yes, hello."

"Sir I'm calling because my men said that the gate in your backyard is locked and they can't get in to get the merry-go-round."

"Oh I left it open. Did they try pushing it?"

"Yes sir. They knocked on your door because they saw a light on but no one answered."

"Hold on Travis." I placed him on hold and tried calling Victoria but the phone just rang and rang. I tried calling her cell but she didn't answer. I press the find your phone location and it was still in the house. That was weird. I tried calling again and still no answer.