Chapter 4

When Stiles came back into his office Stark was thankfully gone. A folder with a post it note saying case 700 was on his desk. Stiles frowned and opened the folder up. Pictures of Peters and Deucalion's dead bodies were in it along with a few already written up reports from forensics. Man they moved fast, cheif probably making them due to the press.

Stiles sat back and looked at a particular picture.

It was one taken directly across form the bodies. The big chair having Peter sitting in it and Duke on the floor next to him,right arm resting over his leg. Something about that position bugged Stiles. And then underneath those files was the pictures Troye took of the symbols and Braedens body. Stiles read Troyes report itching his jaw unconsciously as he did so.

The bodies position stayed the same, it was just the bodies themselves that changed. But why do that in the first place? Why make a big deal to cover up Breadens body with Dukes. Were they trying to make it seem like Duke died. Maybe Duke wanted to free himself from the press so he staged his own death? But then why include Peter? They could have made it seem like Peter killed Duke but instead they left them both looking like they got shot.

Why?

What was the point of Duke? Was it some sort of Symbolism. And why leave the bodies at Dukes huge mansion where they knew reporters would come.

Stiles stood up and made his way toward his glass wall. He took his marker out and started writing.

Wanted Media Involved- has a message they want the public to know
Duke? Symbolism? Clue to the message?
Peters phone?
Why have them bleed out and not just kill them?

Stiles took out the photos Troye took of the ceiling. He walked over and sat back in his desk and began re-drawing some of the symbols before taking a picture of them one at a time and google searching them.

It was a first for Stiles, having absolutely none of the images come back with any matches or related images. This type of magic must be old, and very very secretive. Stiles, unfortunately, need to see Deaton about this.

"Fuck." Stiles hissed honest to god not wanting to go and visit Deaton. Stiles looked down at his watch. It was 3 visiting hours were between 10 and 2 so Stiles will just have to go tomorrow. Stiles looked again at the strange symbols before letting them go and examining the body's.

He sat there going through each photo studying the trail of blood, piecing together that they were in the house when they got shot. They were in the living room and ran leaving a trail of blood to Deucalion's throne room. It was there when they finally started dragging themselves over the blood but why did Peter sit in the chair and not Braeden? Hell how did Peter even had find the strength. Even Stiles could tell that the poison they used was extremely powerful. Peter's lips were pale white and his veins were leaking out black. It takes a very very powerful poison to be able to kill a werewolf without it having to be and instant death fatal wound. Stiles looked at the entrance wound. Each one precise and clean cut, they have experience with guns.

Could be a hunter, but what about the magic? Something's not adding up. Why kill both Braeden and Peter, what do they have in common? What enemies do they have in common?

He needs to speak with Cora, more importantly-

"Stiles?"

Stiles looked up to see Calum a new police officer to the station awkwardly poking his head in Stiles' office. "We still have the girl who found the bodies this morning. We're about to let her go, do you want to question her further?"

"Further?"

"Yeah Lance did while you were out eating lunch."

"Yeah, yeah send her in my office. "