Hello Hello Hello!

Lin Manuel Miranda pov:

   As I was sitting in the music shack working on some Disney songs I heard people approching. As they got closer I recognize the voices. I excitedly get up and swing open yhe door yelling "MY REVOLUTIONARIES!" They all stop talking and hug me tightly. I soon realize a girl standing to the side. "Asia" I say, we emerge from our hug. "H..hi" she said, I carefully took a step closer. "Your letter was a work of art, your penmanship is gorgeous" I say, she looks up smiling. "Really?" She asks, I smile. "Yes and I know they've probably already told you about how they got here so I'll explain after you get settled okay?" I say, she sheds a tear and smiles. "Okay" she says giving me a tight hug.

    "Lin...she can sing" I hear Tobi say. "What?!" I say happily. "She sang some Hamilton in the cabin earlier, we brought her here so we could jam" Jackson says, I smile. "Will you sing with us? We promise we don't judge" I say, she bites her lip. "Well if I'll be with you for the next two months you might as well hear me now then in the shower" she says with a chuckle. I smile and take them inside. "What are we singing?" I ask, they turn to Asia "It's tradition when you join the revolutionaries you pick the first song even if you don't sing it" Tobi explains. Asia nods. "Anything?" She clarifies. We all nod.

   "I am not throwing away my shot, I am not throwing away my shot. You know I'm just like my country, young, scrappy and hungry and I am not throwing away my shot!" She sings, I'm blown away. Her range,control and over all sound is amazing. I move to the piano and we continue the song...

   As I walk around camp children come left and right to talk to me. This summer is going to be a great one. As I look from the top of camp I see the my revolutionaries sitting on the cabin porch laughing and chatting. Asia belongs there. Let me tell you what I saw in her...

    The first thing that caught my eye was her amazing cursive. It was easy to read yet so complex. Next was her story, it was real and true. Her paragraphs were filled with so much emotion and most of all she was looking for an escape.

   I hope she loves it here...