Chapter 9

A/N: I know I usually do my author's note at the end of the chapters, however, I just wanted to apologize in advance for this one. I knew what I wanted to happen, but I couldn't get the words down without it being cringe-inducing. I've re-written this chapter so many times, and I'm still cringing every time, but I'm just getting aggravated, so I'm just going to publish it. I'm sick of reading it and trying to fix it, so I'm waving the white flag with this one. I'm also sorry you had to wait so long for this chapter, but that's the reason, hopefully the next one will be better. Thanks for reading!

***********

Regina sighed as she followed Pansy, Daphne, and Astoria into the dress shop in Hogsmeade. She was about to start looking at the racks of formal dresses when Daphne took her arm and led her over to the counter.

"I thought we were looking for dresses?" Regina asked curiously.

"We are, but not those. Our mother is friends with the owner, we get to pick from the specialty gowns that haven't been put on the floor yet," Astoria said as she came up behind us with Pansy.

"Oh...okay then," Regina said as a man came out of the back room.

"Oh hello girls! Come on back, I've picked out some selections that I thought you might especially like," he said in a strong Italian accent, motioning to the door behind him. Daphne stood behind Regina and put her hands on the younger girl's shoulders, practically marching her into the back room.

"His name is Angelo. He's Italian, in case you couldn't tell," Daphne said quietly as we went through the door.

"I figured that much from his accent, but thanks."

Once the four girls were in the back room, Angelo came in and showed them where the dresses were.

Apparently he had a whole rack of dresses for each of them to choose from.

"When Daphne and Astoria said you were coming with them I owled your mother to find out what size and colors to have ready for you. Makes the process much more enjoyable when you don't have to sort through things you don't like," Angelo said from behind Regina, making her jump slightly.

"Oh, um, thank you," Regina replied.

Angelo nodded and pointed to the second farthest rack, next to Astoria's, "That one is yours. Go ahead and take a look. Feel free to try on whatever you like."

Regina looked through the dresses on the rack. They were all beautiful, and all expensive, but some of them were a little too risqué for a thirteen-year-old to wear. Eventually she came across one that she loved instantly. It was light lavender-grey, with a jewel-encrusted bodice that had a wide V-neck and ended high on the waistline, with a floor length full skirt.

"Ooh, that would look gorgeous on you. You should try it on!" Pansy said, looking over at her. Regina smiled and pulled the dress off the rack.

"Okay, I'll go to the dressing room."

"Wait! Hold on a second, try these too," Astoria said, coming toward her with a pair of heels. They were very pretty, but she wasn't used to wearing shoes like that.

"I don't think heels are the best option for me..." Regina said hesitantly.

"You have to wear heels with that dress. Don't worry, I can help you," Daphne said.

Regina looked at the shoes and sighed, taking them from Astoria.

"Okay, I'll try them."

Angelo showed her to the dressing room and she went inside, closing the curtain.