a quick swim

A/N: dude lowercase for life but it's midnight and i've been crying all day and i can't sleep so i'm just gonna write a stupid fucking klance fic to try and drown my sorrows in because this Netflix cartoon is literally the only happy-ish thing in my life rn.
this is like my second fic kms i can't write for shit.
---------------

it had honestly been a long time since lance had seen earth. in all honesty, he didn't even know how many months it had been. or if his siblings missed him, or if people were looking for him.

he missed his moms hugs, and his siblings rivalry. he missed the music, and oceans (ik this is in every voltron fic calm ur cheese nips) he missed failing flight simulators, and eating pizza in his garage with hunk.

it's like this too often was something lance would think about, also, too often. he sighed loudly as he rolled over on the castles couch. he had no idea where coran and allura had managed to grab one, or maybe it had always been there but he liked it. it felt like home. home. god lance needed to shut his brain up.

lance sat up in the sudden realization that he had never actually explored the castle before. sure he had run down and through it many times to get to his lion or run from galra (and in all honesty, an angry allura) but he had never actually taken the time to walk around and look at it.

he got off the couch and began walking through the hallway doors.

the halls were very big and this still seemed to amaze lance even though he had been on this ship for god knows how long. the palace ceiling was gorgeous. even just in the hallways, there were gorgeous paintings that reminded him of rome on the ceiling. just as he was looking up at the paintings he bumped into something.

he looked down and to his dismay he had bumped into a small table with two cabinets and a vase on top. he picked up the vase and settled the flowers back into it. 'these are fresh, huh.' he thought to himself as he soaked the spilt water with his sleeve. 'someone must have been here recently.'

he slowly looked up and found himself feeling small under the rather large painting in front of him. it was of a man. a king. he was very obviously altean (kms i forgot how to spell it) but there was also a woman there. she was beautiful, graceful and poise. but she was also built. not really masculine but just mentally confident it seemed. his eyes fell onto the small girl between them. she has light brown skin and white hair that had been braided and put up with gorgeous jewels hanging from her neck. 'allura' lance thought.

allura. now being their princess. their friend who had lost both of her parents 10,000 years ago, it made lance feel guilty. they had never even thought to comfort her on the matter.

lance swiftly composed himself and continued walking down the halls, mentally promising himself to thank allura later. as he walked down the halls he found an elevator. this elevator went down to the pool. it was the elevator that he and keith shared. 'keith' he thought. for as much as an ass lance seemed to be towards keith, he really did care for him. like he did all of his team members. but keith was this, soft spot. he just irked lance so bad and easily got under his skin when he spent his whole life just not being affected like that. that made him think of hunk, who, in reality, was really the only person who knew lance. well, at least on team voltron. he had only cried to hunk once though, which he was very proud about. seeing as back then crying was an often thing for him.

the elevator came to a slow stop and a ding could be heard as the doors opened. lance quickly stepped out of the elevator and looked outward into the room.

'quiznak' he said mentally as he remembered the pool was upside down. he began to walk back when he saw a small, red button on the wall that said room inverter. lance wasn't a guy to ask too many questions, so he slammed his cold palm onto the button and regretted his choice immediately as the room flipped and his body went up into the air and back onto the floor.

"ow!" he exclaimed as his back slammed against the stone floor. he quickly got up and began to undress to his boxers and then jumped in, not caring about the discarded clothes. lance came up for air every 30 seconds and spent every other 30 seconds under water, swimming to his hearts content.

he did this, many times. lance looked up at the clock on the wall. it was in altean, but as he leaned in to read it it switched itself to english.

8:16 the clock read. 'fuuuuccckkk' lance thought as he clambered out of the pool and slipped his clothes on.

'shit shit shit the team eats dinner at 7:40 what was i doing this whole fucking time' lance scolded himself in his head. when he made it to the dinning hall everyone had turned to look at him.

"you're late." shiro said with a very present voice in the once voiceless room.

lance took a sharp breath in after he winced at shiros statement.

shit.