»» 18 »»

»» Mae

Let's all be real, my outlet is writing. If I can't write to get all my feelings out - I'm seriously freaking out.

"Sheesh, Mae, calm down! It's going to be okay, it's just his family." Madison soothes, which doesn't help me whatsoever.

"Pull yourself together, slave." Christina yells and throws a shirt at my head. Despite my worry, I giggle nonetheless.

"Its okay girl, just take these clothes, go to that bathroom, and take a shower. You do know what a shower is, right?" Kaitlyn instructs, raising her eyes in the end.

"Yes." I laugh.

"Okay good, now go!" Kaitlyn pushes me out the door and watches me shuffle down the hallway to the bathroom.

Once I'm trapped inside the restroom, I start the water and make sure it's heated. I'm stressed and the heat should calm me down a little. I wait a while and strip down then hop into the shower. The water rushes over me and the steam rises into the air. After standing there for a second, feeling the water collide with my body, I clear my mind and forget every memory I can recollect from my past with Carson, and then push them down, far away from the surface. This is me getting a fresh start.

» » »

"Hey." I stutter, the worry in the back of my throat threatens my voice to crack.

"Hey Mae, come on in." Carson smiles at me warmly and widens the door for me.

I walk in and grin up at his face when he lowers down to give me a hug. I like feeling his warm arms wrap around my waist and give me a squeeze, it helps me know I'm safe around him.

"My family's in the kitchen if you're wondering." He says with a hesitant tone.

"Okay, let's go see them." I try to put a spread out smile on my face, but his family and I go back as far as Carson and I go back, meaning they also know the bad parts about our friendship. Therefore leading them to sorta kinda dislike me for all I did, but I don't blame them in the least - I did pretty awful things.

Carson leads the way into the kitchen and there are many people already piled in chairs or standing near the island. When they spot Carson and I the talkative room quiets quickly. Fear shoots through me and my face begins the heat up. Though soon enough, an elderly women sitting down in a wooden chair speaks up.

"This is your date Carson?! Wow, she's gorgeous!"

My face is now a deep red and when I open my mouth to say something, Carson is the one to actually speak.

"No grandma, this is Mae, my best friend." He protests lightly.

"Well, that makes sense, she's way out of your league!" The women argues, laughing at her grandson who is staring blankly at her with a slight smirk on his face.

Carson's mom comes wondering over and gives me a hug, "Mae it's been so long since we've seen you!"

"Yeah, well, I haven't been around long enough to see everyone just yet." I excuse myself, separating away from the women as tall as I am.

"Understood." She smiles sweetly.

I greet everyone else, including Cameron's girlfriend, which I did an awesome job on embarrassing him. After awhile Carson laughed his head off and had to plant his hand over my mouth and pick me up to drag me out of the room. It was fun nonetheless. Carson's other brother, Chris, was there as well and he is still single but is still the weird, crazy brother I knew before I left. I love Carsons family, they are so fun and exciting and the women in the family can make a killer dinner.