21

Ian's POV
"Hey, Ian" Lucy calls, carrying Haylee in her car seat. Troian is following right behind her.
"Hey!" I say, out stretching my arms and offering to take Haylee.
"No, it's okay. Troian is going to take her to the dressing room and set up her playpen. Right, T?"
Troian holds up the box I assume holds the pieces to the playpen. "Yep"
"Well, I can help you" I suggest.
"I thought you and me could talk" She bites on her nails.
"I'm not so sure about that" I say. I didn't feel like talking to Lucy right now, especially after last night.
"Please, Ian" She gives me those big sad eyes that I just can't resist.
"Yeah, okay" I nod my head, leading her in the direction of my dressing room.
When we finally get there, I swing open the door and let us in.
"So what did you want to talk about?" I ask, motioning towards the small couch but she shakes her head.
She paces around the room while I stand by the door.
"I wanted to talk about last night" She starts, but I cut in.
"Lucy, we don't have to" I say.
"No, I want to" She bites her lip. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I was drunk and I didn't mean any of the things I said. I know that you don't think Haylee is an embarrassment, I just wasn't thinking"
"It's okay, Luce" I say, suddenly realizing she'd asked me not to call her that.
"No, it's not!" She shouts, running her hands through her hair. "I'm acting like such a bitch! I'm treating you like shit because of my own mistakes. Yeah, I'm still mad at you for calling everything off. But it was my choice to keep it a secret. I caused all of this!"
"No, no" I say, moving closer to her and grabbing her shoulders gently so she'll look me in the eye. "Hey, don't blame this all on you. We both did something wrong. It's not your fault"
Tears stream the sides of her hazel eyes, the ones I'd always loved and the ones I missed staring into. This was the closest we'd been in a year.
"It is my fault! Can't you see? I did this to us! I ruined us!" She leans her head into my shoulder and I wrap my arms around her body, while she sobs.
"Shhh, it's okay. Everything's going to be okay" I coo, stroking her hair.
She wraps her arms around my body as she continues to cry. She removes her head from my shoulder and looks into my eyes. I narrow in on her lips, wondering if I should kiss her. Would that upset her even more? Would she like it? I know for sure I would.
"I love..." She starts but gets cut off by the sound of a door opening and closing. Troian is standing in my dressing room now. She looks out of breath and she was panting.
"It's Haylee" She says in between tears. "She's gone"