10

Ian's POV
I jumped on the soonest flight after I got Troian's call. She said she was taking Lucy to the hospital, but she didn't know if she was really in labor since it wasn't confirmed by a doctor yet. I sat impatiently, tapping my feet on the ground as the plane took off. I had to make it home in time. I couldn't miss our child's birth. We don't even know the gender and we didn't even pick out a name yet.
"I shouldn't have taken this job" I mutter under my breathe.
Yes, it was a great opportunity. Yes, it was a great experience. But, it wasn't worth it. I could tell Lucy wasn't telling me something when we talked on the phone. She seemed distant and I didn't know why because I haven't seen her in three months and it was my own damn fault.

Lucy's POV
"I need you to sign this, Miss Hale" The doctor said, coming in carrying a clipboard.
"Luce, I can't let you do this" Troian pleads, shaking her head and running her hands through her hair.
"I have to, Troi" I say so I pick up the pen and write my signature on the assigned line, instantly without any hesitation.
"So, you are not in labor quite yet but since it is a possibility that we will have to perform a C-section, we are keeping you here for observation because of your condition, although normally we'd send others home" The doctor tell me and I nod.
"Ian will get here soon and everything will be okay. I'd have a baby and I might live and be able to live happily ever after with Ian or I might have a baby and die, but at least Ian will still have this baby as a piece of me if I do" I tell Troian.
"And where does that leave me? The heart broken best friend?" She questions.
"You'll be her, Aunt Troian" I say.
"Her?" She questions. "It's a girl?"
"I had the doctor write down the gender on a paper and seal it in an envelope. I was saving it until Ian got home but I couldn't wait. I opened it last night" I place my hand on my stomach. "And I have the perfect name for her"

Ian's POV
A few hours later which felt like days, the plane landed and I was on my way to Lucy. I hopped in the closest cab, paying them extra to drive me there faster. We were speeding down the road, towards the hospital when I heard a crash and everything went black.