Part Sixteen

When Erin gets to the district, she pulls herself out of the Uber and walks up the steps in to the building, when she walks towards the stairs she sees Platt staring at her, "Erin what are you doing here, aren't you supposed to be on bed rest?"

"Trudy when do i ever do what I'm told". Erin said walking up the stairs as Platt rolled her eyes at her.

As soon as Erin walked into the Bullpen she got everyone's attention especially Jay's,

"Erin what are you doing here?" He asked as he helped her walk to her chair on the other side of the room.

She sits down and carries on, "I'm so bored at home, and we missed you Jay!" Erin said rubbing her bump.

"I missed you too" Jay says putting his hand on top of hers.

"So then whats going on today, any cases?" Erin asked

Ruzek let out a scoff, "No just paperwork, so much paperwork!"

"Well i'm here now so you can entertain me, all I've been doing for two weeks is watching TV and i literally can't take it anymore and anyway my back really been hurting today so i thought it would do me some good to actually go for a walk"

Erin sits at her desk with Jay next to her for most of the day talking about the baby and baby names when Hank comes walking up the stairs, "Couldn't stay away huh?"

"Sorry Hank, i was so bored at home!" After Erin finishes speaking she throws her hand to her side and lets out a groan which made everyone look at her.

"Erin are you ok?" Jay asks putting his hand on her face.

"Yeah, I've been getting it all day but she keeps kicking me in the ribs" she says rubbing her side.

"come on, im putting you on the couch in the break room," Jay says lifting her up. "Jay really?"

"Yes you need to rest, lets go!"

Jay gets Erin settled in the break room but he has to leave her when they get called out on a case, "I'll be back soon, love you" he shouts to her. After a while the pain in Erin's side comes back so she decides to take a walk around the Bullpen, when she walks into the break room she grabs on to the counter and slides down to the floor as the pain get worse, "I can't be in labor, not yet" she says to herself but at that moment she feels herself go tired, "Stay awake Erin, stay awake!" she says in her head before passing out.

(Jay's POV)

I hated leaving Erin but i had to do my Job, "Jay stop worrying about her" Antonio tells me.

"I know it's just she's heavily pregnant and has been through a lot in the past few months." 

"She's fine man, Kim will check on her anyway"

They both resume to silence and wait for the suspect to arrive in their area.   

"I think i can see him, to the right near the bus stop."

"yeah i can see him, lets roll" Antonio says as we get out the car.

We walk over to the guy but he sees us and starts running so me an Antonio split up and try and cut him off but I see him run into a house, "Antonio, chasing suspect on foot to the north, he's ran into a house, im going to follow him" I radio through as i run into the house but i wasn't expecting to be hit in the face with a wooden stick as i ran through. I quickly stood up i started fighting with the suspect. He got many punches in as did I but i got taken down as he kicked me straight in the face, I lay on the floor until Antonio runs through and helps me get up, "You ok man?"