Heart Breaks

{Stiles' P.O.V.}

We drove down the street, our hands clasped together. The radio played, yet we didn't listen to it. We talked about anything, anything that could help us learn more about each other.

"What does your dad do?" Derek questioned.

"He's a sheriff," I answered. "What happened to your family?"

"That's a story for another time," he said. "I think some secrets are best to be kept secret until later."

"Is it that hard to think about?" I asked.

Tears started to form in his eyes. he nodded his head and continued to look forward.

"I-I'm sorry," I apologized.

"You're fine," he said, looking into my eyes.

His eyes were watery, tears starting to slid down his cheeks. He whipped then away, looking back at the road. I reached my hand over and whipped his tears for him. I caressed his face, slowly running my thumbs on his cheeks. He leaned his head into my hand, smiling a sad smile.

"D-do-are you okay?" I questioned.

"Yeah," he answered, taking a hold of my hand.

He brushed his lips softly against my knuckles. He turned up the radio, not wanting to talk anymore. I looked out the window, not sure what I could say. I ruined our perfect day together.

Tears started to run down my cheeks as I tried to hide it. I didn't want to ruin Derek's day with one stupid question. I should have kept my mouth shut. I quickly whipped the tears away, trying to disguise it as something else.

"Stiles, please don't cry," Derek said as we pulled in front of his house.

Tears burst out of my eyes as I fell into Derek's arms. I covered my face with my hands, not wanting Derek to see me crying. We stayed that way for a while, my tears finally starting to slow down.

"What's wrong?" Derek asked.

"I-I r-ruined our d-day," I hiccuped.

"No, baby. Shh. You didn't ruin anything," Derek whispered.

"I-I just, I didn't mean to," I answered, tears slowly falling from my eyes.

"Baby, nothing is ruined. Let's go inside," Derek said, starting to get out of the car.

I turned towards the door, my hand fumbling with the door handle. Derek opened it from the outside, taking my hand as we walked into his house.

As he opened the door, we saw Scott and Isaac sitting on the sofa. Scott instantly got up once he saw my dried tear streams on my cheeks.

"What the hell! What did you do to him?" Scott yelled.

"I didn't do anything!" Derek defended, his hand unclasping with mine.

"Stiles, are you okay?" Scott asked, his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah," I answered, not looking into his eyes.

"Did Derek hurt you?" he asked.

"No."

"Scott, I actually have something to tell you, and you too Isaac," Derek said slowly.

"What?" Scott asked, anger still in his voice.

"Well, it's just that Stiles and I, well, we've-" Derek started.

"You've what?" Scott questioned, growing inpatient.

"We've been dating," I finished.

"You've what?!" Scott yelled furiously.

"That's awesome!" Isaac yelled.

"Stiles! You can't be serious!" Scott said.

"Well, I am. For once in my life I feel like I'm doing something right," I defended.

"How could you date someone who's underage?" Scott screamed.

"He's seventeen! He's old enough to make his decisions himself!" Derek yelled back.

"Hey! I'm right here!" I yelled in the midst of their fight.

"Stiles, why Derek?" Scott questioned.

"Because he, he stole my heart," I answered truthfully.

"Wow, that's your argument?" he asked.

"Yes it is, and if you weren't so judge mental, then you could be happy for me!" I yelled, walking out of Derek's house.

I walked towards the end of the sidewalk, sitting down on the curb. I felt tears streaming down my face, looking up at the sky. Why was I always the one who ruined everything?

I heard the door open. It slammed shut as the person walked over to me. It was Derek.

"Come on," Derek said, dragging me back into the house.

I followed him, whipping my tears away with the back of my hand. We walked in, our hands clasped together. Scott stood there, Isaac sitting on the sofa.

"Apologize to Stiles," Derek commanded.

"I'm sorry," Scott mumbled.

"Scott, I need you to be okay with this, even though you don't approve," I said.

"How is your dad going to be okay with you dating a werewolf?!" Scott yelled.

"A what?" I questioned, looking at Derek.

"I-I'm a werewolf," Derek confessed, his eyes drilling into Scott. "So is Scott and Isaac."

"When were you going to tell me this? And, Scott? You are my best friend, why didn't you tell me?" I asked furious.

"Stiles, I was going to tell you, just I didn't want to scare you," Derek answered, his eyes soft with remorse.

"Sure Derek," Scott said.

"At least he can tell me why he didn't tell me!" I yelled.

"Scott, why don't you leave," Derek said, his eyes dangerous.

Scott opened the door and left, slamming the door behind him. I fell into Derek's arms, crying softly. Isaac stood up, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm happy for you," Isaac whispered.

"Thank you," I said through the tears.

"Thank you, Isaac. That means a lot," Derek answered.

Isaac left, going into the bathroom. Derek carried me over towards the sofa, stroking my hair slightly. I wrapped my arms tightly around his waist, my head buried in his neck.

"He's right," I sobbed.

"About what?" Derek asked.

"What is my dad going to think?" I questioned, looking into his eyes.

"We will tell him together, like we did when I kept you here to long," he answered.

"I love you, Derek," I whispered into his neck.

"I love you too, Stiles," Derek responded.