Chapter 34 Christmas at the Potters

Start from the beginning

He puled her face up by her chin and could see the tears in her eyes. He didn't know if they were from grieve or fear but it made him something very clear. This elf had loved his father and mother with all her heart and he would never want her to leave this house again. 

"Than Granny it will be." he said to the elf. Who looked with big eyes and a smile at him when he said that. "Granny can you please show us the rest of the house?" he asked the elf. He looked at Kreacher and smiled at his elf. "You did great Kreacher, thank you. Take some rest my friend you deserved it." The elf bowed at this. "Thank you master, but if Master doesses not mind Kreacher wishes to guide Mistress as Vivian guides Master." Before Harry could say anything Ginny walked over to the elf. "Off course you can." She said. "That is very kind of you Kreacher thank you" Harry added.  

The whole group walked on from room to room and in every room there were decorations of some kind. They found an inside pool and also a game room and even here the elves had put up decorations and trees. 

When the went finally went upstairs it wasn't by the big stair in the entrance hall but by a similar one at a second entrance hall that connected to a big ballroom. The stair started in the middle of the hall and also split up in the middle leaving a gap at the end so when you were on the stairs you could look into the ballroom. At this point Harry had not thought about the sleeping arrangements so he stayed a bit behind to ask Mrs. Weasley how she wanted it so he could tell the elves to change it if needed. 

"Harry I wondered when you would ask." she said with a smile. "I think the same arrangements as at our house would do perfectly and than I mean the once after your birthday." Harry smiled at this and asked Granny how the rooms were made up. When he was old that they had put Ron and Hermione in one and him and Ginny in one he was glad he asked before they walked into the rooms. 

When they walked into the first bedroom he could swear that this was even bigger than the great hall at Hogwarts. It had it's own bathroom with a large bubble bath and a large walk in shower. 

"Master Harry does yous like your and mistresses room?" Granny asked. Harry looked at the old elf. 

"You mean this is my room?" He said. "Yes Master," Granny said. "It has always been your room" Harry got what the elf had meant by this. He looked at her with tears in his eyes. "Thank you" He said. All the rooms had their own bathrooms. So there would be no trouble with waiting for each other the next morning. Harry knew he would love it here this Christmas. 

Hermione who was following at the end of the group felt terrible at what she had said to the elves. She knew she needed to apologize but did not know how. She could see now that setting them free was a mistake and that made her even feel more sad than she already was. The manor was decorated so nicely she knew that the elves had done it out of love for their masters not because they were ordered to do it. The elves never had seen themselves as slaves or servants, just as helpers. When they were at the end of the tour and sitting in the living room she looked at the elf that had talked to her when they had just arrived. "What is your name?" She asked. The elf looked at her and wanted to walk away. Harry who had seen what was about to happen was not going to allow any of his elves to treat his friends like this. "She asked you a question it is rude to just walk away." he only said. The elf who had not seen that Harry was watching turned around to face his master. "Sorry Master." the elf said and turned to Hermione. "My names is Twinky. House-elf of the proud house of Potter." The elf wanted to turn away again but Hermione staid. "My apologies to you Twinky and all the elves of the proud house of Potter." She said. "I was mistaken in a lot of things as I see here. First I was mistaken about this great house that I thought I knew but I now see is truly Potter Manor. I forgot about the ancient magic that can be used in these cases. Second but just as important I always thought house elves as slaves for the wizarding world. As my only indication was the way the great house elf Dobby was treated. But I see now that you all love it here and don't see yourselves as slaves." she concluded. Twinky looked at Hermione as if she was thinking that the witch had lost her mind. When Hermione kept looking at the elf for a reply she could not see anything wrong with the witch."Thank you miss." Twinky said. "We are proud elves and could not understand why yous would say those things. My guess yous did not know. Please follow Twinky as me wants to show you something." The elf said to Hermione. Hermione followed the elf to the room next to the living room. It was a room similar to the room they just left, but with one big difference the furniture was in elvish size. "Our first masters made this room for when we elves were on our ownes. We can sit and talk to ourselves here. Does you thinks a bad master would makes us this?" the elf told and asked. "No I don't think they would." said Hermione.