Three; If Crazy=Genuis

"Ryan..." Brendon breathed out, his hands resting on the boys slender hips. Here's the setting: the two irrational, tired boys are sitting face to face in the moist sand of the beach. Ryan's eyes are closed and he keeps pressing small, sweet, timid kisses all over Brendon's cold face. Brendon loves this. He loves this so much, he dreads the idea of it stopping. But Brendon also "loves" his girlfriend, who, ironically, is waiting for him at Pete Wentz and Mikey Way's Halloween party over 200 miles away back home. In the midst of the Ryan Ross feeling homicidal/suicidal chaos, Brendon Urie forgot about life outside of him and Ryan.

Trying to make sense of what was going on, Brendon pushes Ryan's frame away from him.

Ryan finally opens his eyes, a faint blush on his cheeks. His head was spinning, and his surroundings were finally leveling in his head. "I-I'm sorry Bren, uh, yeah-I'm sorry." Ryan mumbled, his body shivering as it made sense of the cold. "This is probably so awkward, fuck, Brendon, I-" he sighs, "I didn't mean for this to happen. I don't know why I'm such a mess. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"Ry," Brendon shakes his head, "stop it. Please. It's, um, it's okay. You're gonna be fine. We're gonna be fine. We should um, we should go." With that, Brendon stands up quickly, holding his hand out for Ryan to take.

Ryan, being stubborn and still feeling awkward, doesn't grab his hand. Brendon, feeling dumbfounded, watches as Ryan quickly scrambles to his car. Brendon follows, turning on the heater immediately.

They drive in silence for what seems like an eternity, until they're nearly 45 minutes away from their small surburb. "Ry, uh, hey, do you wanna sleep over tonight? We could marathon The Office and order like, a pizza or something."

Ryan shakes his head, looking down at his pale hands. "I don't know Bren." Ryan mumbles, his voice is still shaky "I'm really tired, can you just drop me off at home?"

"Oh. Yeah, sure. No problem." Brendon nods. "Maybe next weekend or something."

And with that, the rest of the ride is completely silent.

When Brendon pulls up to Ryan Ross' home, Ryan is sleeping, his head tilted onto the passenger window. Brendon can't remember when Ryan fell asleep, but when he glances at the clock, he realizes its almost 4am.

Brendon wakes up Ryan quickly, and walks him to his door. The cold autumn air wakes Ryan up fully, and he doesn't process his surroundings until he's standing on his front porch, his hand squeezing Brendon's.

Ryan pulls his keys out of his pocket, and turns to unlock the door. Before entering, Ryan turns back to face Brendon.

"Hey-um, thank you. For being there for me. Not just tonight, but for the past two years. You mean a lot to me Bren. I love you." And Ryan leans in, and presses a soft, chaste kiss to Brendon's lips.

And before Brendon can he process what happened, Ryan slips into his house, closing the front door behind him.

"I love you too." Brendon finally breathes out, his eyes still widened, and his heart still speeding.