14; second chance

Start from the beginning

It wasn't much longer until Negan came strolling through the large double doors. A wicked, sinister grin and Lucille propped on his shoulder. Leather jacket, sagged jeans, and heavy boots, he looked the same as always. Frightful and devastatingly stunning.

"Mornin', sunshine," he greeted, positioning Lucille against the wall.

"Morning Negan," she muttered tediously. "How'd I get here?"

Straight to the point. He grinned, then answered, "So goddamn tired you fell asleep during our conversation. So, like the gentleman I am, I brought you back and put you to bed."

She furrowed her eyebrows. "You carried me here, and then slept in the same bed as me?"

"You got it."  He shot a sly smirk as he ambled over to the kitchen. She crossed her arms across her small chest and breathed in.

"Were you incapable of carrying me to my own room, which is a couple halls down from yours?"

"Not incapable," he lifted his finger, "unenthusiastic."

"You're infuriating," she mumbled.

"Oh, I know," he grinned, flashing his pearly white teeth. 

She plopped down on the leather sofa and positioned her feet on the glass table. Negan handed her a glass of water and she took it eagerly.

"How's your head, darlin'?" He sat beside her. He put his arm on the back of the couch, around her, but she was leaned forward with her glass.

"Better," she uttered, taking a gentle slurp from the brim of the glass.

"I'm not convinced," he tilted his head upward.

"Well, I am. When's my next run?" She leaned back, feeling his warm skin against the back of her neck, but she didn't move.

A deep, gravelly chuckle emitted from the back of his throat. She furrowed her eyebrows and tilted her head toward him.

"You think you're going back out there after what just fucking happened? I don't think so, sunshine."

She narrowed her eyes and leaned towards him. "You're what? Firing me? Hell no, Negan! My head is fine!"
He raised his hand, unfazed, and tucked the strand of hair that had fallen in front of her face behind her ear.

"I'm not having you get hurt, sweetheart. Not again. That shits just not happening, sorry."

"Please," she begged. She couldn't believe she was throwing away her dignity by begging him. "The days are so long when I'm sitting in my room doing nothing."

He hummed, a smirk twitching at the edges of his mouth. "As much as I love to hear you beg, I'm gonna pass on that. Feel free to join me in my room whenever you want."

He removed his hand from behind her ear and got up. She adjusted her hair the way she had it before as he turned his back to her.

"Give me a chance. If I fuck up, I won't go on runs anymore. Promise. Please, Negan?" She might as well have gotten on her knees and begged. She sounded so desperate.

He seemed to ponder the idea. He stuck his tongue between his teeth, then popped his lips. "God damn it. You know, I usually don't negotiate but I'd just fucking love to see that face of yours all day long," he picked up Lucille slowly and swung her by his legs, "so, you can come today. You fuck up? It's all over," he advanced towards her quickly and sat back down, placing a frigid hand to the side of her face, thumb curled under her jaw. "Hear me?"

"Yes sir," she responded, tilting her head down. He pushed it up, licking his lips.

There was a silence, before he responded, "good. You stick by my side. That pretty little face of yours leaves my side? Hell breaks loose. Clear?"