Don't Forget

Teaser Chapter

When I wake up, the bed is cold. The sheets are stiff and uncomfortable, and the pillow is flat and uninviting. I open my eyes slowly, unaware of my surroundings. At first, I hear nothing, but the more I focus, I realize that there is a soft beeping sound. I sit up carefully, not recognizing my surroundings. 

I'm dressed in a thin hospital gown, and my hair is tied back loosely. I look down at my arms, bare except for a thick medical bracelt. I twist it around so I can read the thin type. 

ID: CARTER, ALYSSA 

MED. STATUS: COMA PATIENT; OTHERWISE UNKNOWN

STATUS: POW

DAYS SINCE CAPTURE: 9 

I furrowed my eyebrows. Days since capture? Prisoner of war? I don't remember any of this. I search my mind, trying to rack something, anything up. But I can't even place the last thing I remember. As I search my brain, I hear a door click open on the far side of the room. A man walks in, a thin smile on his lips. His hair is dark, slicked back. His features are sharp, and his face is clean shaven. 

"Hello, Alyssa," he says. His voice is quiet, but it makes you listen. 

I don't answer. 

"I see you've woken up. You've been out for six days. Do you remember how?" he asks. 

I shake my head. 

"You were in an explosion. We found you with the body of a dead boy, in a cave," he says quietly. 

Dead boy? I think. 

He seems to sense my confusion, and immediatly whips out a little pad from his pocket and jots something down with a smooth black pen. 

"This dead young man was identified as Jason Grey," he says calmly. "He was your mate. Or one of them, as it seems." 

And then I feel it. All of it, the arrow, the bombs, the mission, the squad, and Jason, comes rushing back to me, all at once. The memories pound against my head. They hurt, make me close my eyes, and make me want to forget it all. 

"You remember now, don't you?" the man says. 

He takes my silence as a yes. I hear him through the sound of the memories, breaking into my mind like water letting loose from a dam. 

"Get up," he commands. "We're moving you to Aegron. Tonight." 

I stand up slowly, and he examines me. 

"Hold out your arm," he demands. I stick it out slowly. He grabs my medical bracelet and reads it quickly. 

"Well, your condition is no longer unknown now, is it?" he smirks. I blink. 

"Of course. You're no longer speaking because the traumatic experience has rendered you...." he whips out a pen again and prints on the bracelet just as he says it, "Mentally Disoriented and Unstable." 

********************************************************************************************************

Teaser chapter! Yay! :) <3 Let me know what you think! And the summary....... :O

Dedicated to AngelaFBryant :)