Assassin

A farmer who owned a large land, knocked on the door to the noble's house. He had been called upon to visit the lord of this house on short notice and he was anxious to get this over with. Fixing his tunic so it wouldn't look as though he had just finished milking his cow -as he had just finished milking her- he waited but a minute before the door opened a crack.

A man well over his fifties had opened the door, his dark gray eyes were searching and untrusting as he looked the farmer over.

"And who are you?" The footman said, sticking his crooked nose out the door. His accent was British and his voice was deep, but the farmer did not blink at the harshness of his tone. No, he had been called here on short notice and it was the time for the harvest, he had things to do and would not be delayed any more than he already was.

"I was called here by Lord Sedric Albahs, if he has changed his mind of my meeting him, then I will be on my way."

The footman bristled and opened the door the rest of the way, showing his small stature and slender build. He glared at the farmer, but stepped back to let him through.

"No, Sir. My Lord has not revoked his call on you." He closed the door, none too gently and led the way into a parlor. "Please wait here a moment and I shall fetch Lord Albahs."

The farmer sat on a couch not too far from an open window. He watched as a warm breeze gently russled the drapes, the sun starting to be high. The farmer cursed quietly to himself, he could have been out in the field getting his grain cut right now.

"Careful with that tounge of yours Sir. You might call upon a demon yet."

The farmer turned, Lord Sedric Albahs stood behind him, the footman standing by the door. He did not stand for the Lord, and Sedric seemed to not take offense as he sat down across from him. Sedric leaned forward in his seat, putting his elbows on his knees and clasping his hands together.

"My good fellow, it was brought to my attention that you have commissioned me to get a mule. Why is it that you would need a second one?"

The farmer scoffed, so this was what he wanted?

"If I had a second ass, then I could grind my grain as I clear my fields. To put it simply, it would make my work easier to have a second ass."

Sedric cringed at the use of the farmer's vulgar language, but tried to keep a civil manner.

"Ass-"

Suddenly a loud crash was heard and the Lord swung his head around to see a pricely vase he had just bought shattered on the floor. His hands flew to his head as the blood drained from his face in horror. He had paid two bags of gold for that vase this evening!

"SINS!" He cried, as his rage at his maid who was cleaning it rose.

Now a passerby happened to have come upon the scene just as the farmer had finished his sentence and only caught his last word, but heard everything the Lord said afterwards. This person happened to be looking for a new word to describe a killer in his book. As these words were said so quickly, after one another, the writer -who was getting on in his years- heard it as one word.

He quickly wrote it down on his notepad as he went along, snickering to himself as he went, looking at his word and turning in his mind to test it out.

ASSASSIN

---------------------------------
Please let me know what you think!

How do you suppose the word was actully formed?