Chapter Ten - There's this stupid bitch that doesn't listen to me

"Sing," Jake commands, pointing at the mic in front of me.     

"Woof." I roll my eyes. "Want me to roll over too?"

"As long as you end up on top of me," he says and then winks.

We are currently in the music room, and I'm trying to learn all the words to the song I have to sing next week. I can't get out of this audition no matter how much I want to.

"Oh yeah, I'm supposed to ask you... Um, was I your first?" I ask.

"First what?" he asks.

"Were you a virgin before I slept with you? Was I your first?"

"Well," he whispers, his cheeks starting to go red, "Yeah, I guess you were. You can't tell anyone we slept together."

"Why?"

"Because then the other sluts in the school will think they can too," he says as if it's obvious.

I stare at him in shock, my mouth slightly open. Did he just call me a slut? I'm pretty sure that's what he implied. Other sluts.

"Wow." I frown.

"What?"

"Do you think I'm a slut?"

"Well, you did sleep with me without knowing me... But I don't mind if you're a slut, you're still really hot," he says to me.

He did think I was a slut. So I wasn't being stupid about it? It was what he was implying.

I nod. "Awesome. Well, I'm glad you think of me as a really hot slut," I say, slightly hurt. I know I did sleep with him but he is the first one I slept with without knowing really well. I'm not a slut, am I?

"I don't mean it in a bad way," Jake adds, frowning.

"Oh, so I'm a good slut?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Every guy like sluts... You know, 'cause-"

I cut him off, "Yeah, I got it. I think this slut will practice on her own now." I give him a fake smile before picking up my denim jacket and walking out of the music room.

Did I mention that I hate him? Because I do.

****

I roll over in my bed, slowly drifting off to sleep. It feels like I have been at school for thousands of years now and I can't wait to graduate and leave.

Oh wait, after school I get to go to university to waste more of my life. Just great.

At least Jake won't be there to bother me and call me a slut.

I groan and push any thoughts of Jake away, turning to lie on my stomach.

I can't believe he would even think about going out with Candace, even if it's just to take her down.

What if he starts liking her and they end up happy together. No, Candace can't be happy.

I quickly touch my wooden bedside table, making sure I don't jinx my thoughts.

Stop thinking about Jake!

I keep turning until I finally find a comfortable position and drift off to sleep.