Chapter 7

‘Is it weekend already?” I groaned, throwing my tired body on the couch. “It’s not even Tuesday yet.” Calli sat down next to me. Well, I was glad school for today was over. It.. wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. A big part of this school’s budget certainly goes to the teachers, since they were really good. I sat up, facing Calli. She grinned at me strangely. “What? Do I have something on my teeth?” I ran my tongue over my teeth and didn’t feel anything abnormal.

“No, not that.” She was curling her hair around her finger and looked at me with big eye. I felt a favour coming. “Can you help me with something?” I crossed my legs and leaned back. I narrowed my eyes. “With what?” She coughed and looked around, then turned her attention back to me. “You met Alex,  right?”

I thought, Alex? Oh, right. The sorry-saying-cute-guy. “Yeah, why?”

She blushed. Did she blush? Aha! “You like him!”She was completely taken aback. She hold her hands in front of her. “No! No, of course not! Why would I-”

I raised my eyebrow at her. “Ok, I do.” She let her hands fall again. I clapped my hands together. It somehow felt nice she was entrusting this information to me. ‘’Then, why do you need my help?’’

“Well, I was thinking about a double date, or something!” She said shyly. Even though I did not know this girl for that long, I had never seen this kind of behaviour from her. ‘’Yeah, we could do that.’’ I said agreeing with a smile. But there was one problem. Double dating meant I’d have to have a date too. I put my hand on my chin and thought it over. Calli mimicked my action and she too came to the same conclusion. At the same time Tyler and Lyric swung the door open, and came in the room loudly. “But, who’s my date?” I asked.

“Lyric! You’re Avery’s date Friday!” Calli called out suddenly, grinning at Lyric who stopped in his tracks and stared at her. His jaw dropped to the ground. “Wha-? But I, since when did I, huh?’’ I couldn’t help but laugh at Lyric’s reaction. “I’ll explain, Calli has a crush on Alex, and were going on a double date with them.’’

If Lyric’s face could become more confused, it probably would now. “AVE!” Calli yelled, throwing one of the pillows on the couch to my head.. “You weren’t supposed to say that!” I dodged the pillow with ease and smiled at her. ‘’Oh, whoops.’’ I put my hand in front of my mouth to pretend to be sorry, but I only snickered. Calli eventually laughed too. “So, you have to invite him, and no telling that it’s a double date! Because that would be horrible! And you have to wear nice clothes, and um-” Calli went on and on against Lyric who was still standing still in his tracks. He looked at me for help but I crossed my arms and shook my head. I wouldn’t dare.

I looked at Tyler and he had a frown on his face, and I instantly wondered where it came from. He went into his room and I stood up from the couch. I walked into my room, placed my bag on my bed. After taking my wallet I walked back out to where Calli was still giving directions to a confused Lyric about what to do, and I granted him a sympathetic smile. Tyler had come out of his room and smiled a little, listening to Calli while he was cutting an apple. ‘’Guys I’m going down to that coffee stand, anyone want something too?’’ I asked.

‘’No thank you!’’ Calli smiled, stood up and presumably decided to stop tormenting poor Lyric. He and Tyler declined too. I walked out of the dorm and down the stairs. The sunlight greeted me and I walked down the path. There was a small coffee stand on the path to the dorms just before the path turned into a y, leading to the two big dorm buildings. I ordered an ice macchiato and thanked the boy after he handed my drink. I don’t know what, but something made me walk to the old basketball court again. I sat down on the court, placing my drink next to me and tied my hair into a messy bun with a hair tie I fished from my pocket.