Chapter 7

Celeste's POV

I was standing in front of Ares's house. In front of his main door. What do I say to him? Just go inside, you idiot! Taking a deep breath, I ringed the bell. After a few seconds, one of the helpers opened the door.

"Hi. Where's Ares?" I asked her.

"Sir's in his office room." She said politely.

"Okay. Thank you." I smiled, and walked towards his office room.

I knocked on his door, and heard a faint "Come in". I went in but his head was down, focused on some paperwork with a frown on his face.

"Ares." I spoke softly.

He looked up at me. He looked a little surprised at first but was quick to replace his expression with a hard one.

"What are you doing here?" He asked emotionlessly.

"I came here to talk." I said as I walked towards him until I was right in front of his huge desk.

"I thought you had said enough earlier this morning."

"Ares...."

"Go away, Celeste. There's nothing for us to talk about. Anymore." He said before getting up from his seat, and began walking towards the door.

"Ares, please. Listen to me." I followed him out the room to wherever he was going.

"Ares. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Now go back home." He said, still walking to now where I know was his room.

"Ares." I stopped him before he could close his room door, and forcefully entered, locking the door behind me.

"What are you doing?" He frowned.

"I'm not going back home, nor am I letting you go anywhere until you hear me out." I said sternly. He sighed and walked towards his bed.

"What is it? You feel bad now? For laughing at me? That's what it is?" He asked and I walked towards him. Before I could say anything, he spoke again,

"You know what, it's okay. It was my fault. I shouldn't have said it anyways."

"Ares...." He cut me off.

"I shouldn't have told you how I felt for you. You were right, it was a long time ago."

"Ares...." He cut me off again.

"And I should have just left last night."

"Ares...."

"You obviously think that...." I pushed him on the bed and straddled him before he could utter another word. His eyes widened.

"Shut up! Just shut up, and listen to me." I pointed my finger at him, and he looked at me, nonplussed. I sighed.

"I'm sorry for the way I reacted this morning. I said what I said because I thought that you were just feeling pity for me because I don't have anyone in my life. I thought you were just lying to make me feel better, so I will not feel like a total idiot for falling in love with my best friend, and sleeping with him, and not...." I trailed off.

"I'm sorry, Ares. I didn't mean a thing I said to you this morning. I didn't mean to hurt you. And you know that you normally do lie sometimes to make me feel better."

"That was in college. Obviously now I know better than lying to my friend just to make her feel good. Especially about my feelings." He said.

"I'm so sorry, Ares. I didn't mean to laugh when you were.... I'm sorry. I really had no idea that you used to like me since high school."