Slipping Off The Edge - Malec

Not Requested

AU- Leader!Alec gets overwhelmed about his new job.

Warning - Depression, Thoughts of suicide, panic attack

SPOILERS

A/N- Yo I wasn't on planning to write two Malec stories in a row but from the last episode I got inspired by their conversation on Magnus' terrace and went with it. Oh and sorry this is super depressing I've just been in a weird mood all day. Oh and the day after the episode came out? Wow I'm shocked!

~~~

Why the fuck did he decide to take over and get rid of Aldertree, this was the question Alec was asking himself.

It was like a revolving door, some problem with the downworlders, something happened with Valentine, someone arises in the institute, someone went on an unauthorized mission, one thing after another and the problems began to pile.

In addition to the general problems he has his sister's addiction he's worried about, Clary's bloodsucker of a boyfriend is being threatened to get killed by Valentine, The sealies and vampires want to kill Clary, and he hasn't seen Magnus in what feels like ages.

Part of him didn't think it could get worse, but of course something did.

Jace and Clary decide to try and save Simon and Clary gets kidnapped... again.

With a storm fast approaching Alec fears there isn't much time to stop Valentine. The institute was in an absolute panic, all searching for Clary and Valentine, and Alec was at the helm of it all, giving orders.

Alec feels the most pressure he's ever felt, if they can't stop Valentine it will be Alec who's to blame, or at least that's what he's telling himself.

Everyone will tell him he made the wrong call, should have locked Clary up and let Valentine kill Simon, I mean what's one vamps life for all of the downworlders' lives?

But Clary was his... friend seems a little too strong for their relations, maybe a close acquaintance with a pretty decent understanding of each other.

Either way he already killed Clary's mom, next he kills her boyfriend? What kind of friend, acquaintance kind of person, would let that happen?

Not again.

Take a seat at his desk, Alec let's his head fall back against the back of his chair, letting out a harsh sigh. He let's his eyes fall shut, partially to calm himself, partially to stop his head from spinning anymore than it felt like I was already.

It didn't last long cause with much annoyance a knock comes from the office door... again.

"Come in." Alec says in a calm voice sitting up.

Aldertree steps in with a smile.

"What do you want?" Alec asks harshly.

"Just checking in, seeing if you're ready to let me take the reins and fix the mess you put us into." Aldertree replies taking a seat in the empty chair and clasping his hands together in his lap.

"What would be your move then? I have all the troops out searching, we can't control the weather so we can't stop it that way, and if we don't stop it at all then all the downworlders could die."