Pain versus Happiness

It's a beautiful Monday morning and everyone is busy in school. Midterms are  approaching and everyone needs to cope up with it.

As she entered in her classroom Kruzhen noticed that she looked like a zombie in the Walking Dead TV Series.

"Hey Mylene are you okay?" He asked.

"Hi, I just can't sleep. Thanks for asking." She sadly replied.

Gone was the cheerful aura that can be visibly seen on her.

"If you wanted to talk to someone, I just want you to know that I'm here."

"Thanks Kruzhen, I know I can count on you"

"Smile a bit, and cheer up."

She smiled and nodded at him.

"See you're beautiful."

She was a bit relaxed after hearing those words of encouragement from one of her classmates.

As she was fixing herself and her things, their Professor entered the room with a light aura. She usually has that personality that can mend a broken soul. She felt relieved somehow.

"Good Morning Kiddos, Have a great day ahead."

"Good Morning Miss A."

"Today you need to write an essay about pain and happiness, and followed by an oral recitation. Now mind if you get a sheet of paper and write an essay about pain and happiness, word count is about 300 words."

"Does she know what I'm going through today?" Mylene was asking herself in silence.

She nodded twice and takes her pen and paper and started to write. She noticed that Kruzhen was smiling at her.

"What?"

"She knows something is wrong." And he grinned.

"Goodness, she's really that sharp." And she sighed heavily.

Now what to write?

Everyone was busy writing and our Professor was preparing the index cards again.

I'd better be writing, before I get too emotional again.

"Okay I think that you are all now ready."

"No not yet Miss"

Some are still writing and some were already done.

"Submit the papers at the count of 10"

"Whoa"

After gathering the papers, she waived the index card and picked 2 of it.

Wesley and Mylene

Oh no why me on the first call.

"The mechanics of our oral recitation is the first person will read the 2nd persons write ups and he will be the one to ask a question then after that the 2nd person will be reading the first persons write ups and it's her turn to ask questions."

"Whoaaaa!" Almost all of them exclaimed.

"Mylene, Wesley come over here in front and read each others work. Who will go first?

"I will Miss A." Wesley volunteered.

"Let me read to you Mylene's work.

" I never knew that I can be affected by a certain problem that's what I'm facing now. I am a cheerful person as you may know me; I think I am like that for always. But a certain event in my life now that shattered me and made  sad and lonely.

"There are things in the past that I can't get off in my head. There were voices I heard that keeps on shouting at me that I am a total failure. The shadow of my past still haunts me even in my deep sleep. I was wondering where are those peaceful time that I've been living with for the past years. I was wondering what had triggered those images that I have long been hiding in my head and in my heart."

"I was consumed by lots of pain at this moment. It hurts me like hell. I cried to ease the pain but still I can't get it off. So I prayed to God, to heal my wounded heart and soul. Happiness is a choice, but I find it hard to practice that right now. By writing these it allows me to show you all what I've been through, and I am not ashamed of it, yet it made me free somehow of all the burden that I have here in my head and in my heart."

"Mylene we are all here for you"

She looked so tensed in the arms of Wesley as he hugged her tight after reading her works.

"Thank you" that's all she said while releasing the pain inside of her.

"All is well" he smiled at her giving her an assurance that everything will be okay.

"I'm so sorry if I did took off my masked infront of you. Here's what Wesley wrote.

"Pain is the only feeling that can make us sick; it took away all the freedom that was left in us. It can stop us from moving forward because when we feel it, all we have to do is look at the past and kept it all in our head and in our hearts."

" I ignored all the pain in the past instead I will make it as a benchmark of my success. Emotions sometimes can ruin our system. I choose to be happy even if I am suffering from any forms of pain may it be from past or present, after all, things happened because it meant to happen. We cannot undo the things that happened in the past no matter how much we try. We cannot prevent things to happen especially if we are not careful in everything we do. Pain or happiness are both products of our choices, and decisions."

"We can make things right, we can make things wrong, it's normal we are not perfect. As saying goes by No Pain No Gain. Lets all learn from our pain. May we find happiness as we go on living."

"I really admire your positive outlook in life Wesley. And I am proud of you Mylene for being brave."

"Thank you Miss."

"Pain and happiness are part of our existence in this world. Success comes after we defeat and overcome all challenges that life had brought us. What is more important is that we will never ever give up on our dreams and aspirations in life. That's the only thing we can hold on to. If we can't take the pain, then let go and let God. He will always hear our prayers. All we need to do is ask him to be there for us. He may never give everything we want but he will give everything that is best for us"