Chapter 27

As James and I made it  back to the hotel, I could feel butterflies in my stomach. I've never felt so loved by someone so true, someone so famous in the government. But behind all of those adjectives and nouns they assigned to James, I saw a different man. There are some flaws of course, but it's those flaws that make him who he is, perfection. His ego does get the better of him, he does get angered easily, and he does act on impulse, but beneath this armor is a delicate human being who cares deeply for the safety of the people close to him.

He gently held my hand as we walked, in the elevator, and down the hallway. His grip was delicate but under all of it, there was a strong grasp on my heart. He wouldn't let go even if the world was burning to ashes. He smiled at me and I saw the happiness in his eyes, which gleamed of a beautiful turquoise. I didn't deserve him.

The night was full of happiness, James and I sharing all between us, sipping lightly on the finest of champagnes and dancing away to some music he played from the audio player in the room. It was when "New York, New York" came on that I stopped thinking about everything and remembered our very first dance in Montenegro next to the castle. As if on cue, James pulled me in and we recreated the dance we shared for the very first time. He remembered all of the steps, every single dip and spin, every single footstep we both took. It brought tears to my eyes as he remembered every moment we spent together.

"Darling, why are you crying?" he asked when the song was over.

"I can't believe that you remembered this dance." I answered, a little tear escaping my left eye.

"How could I forget? New York, New York!" he sung as he then wiped away my tear with his delicate touch.

"My sun and stars, you brought some light into my life and I will never forget it." I answered him.

"My moon, you are the most graceful and intelligent person I have ever met. You are the Alpha, literally, to my Omega." he answered as he held my hands in his.

I put a hand to his cheek and brought him down to me to kiss him. I melted under his lips, his strong arms circling my waist and holding me tight against him. I slipped off my shoes and instantly dropped in height by at least three inches while James still dominated over me in height. It was a cue for him and he undid his tie and slipped off his dinner jacket. I let my hair loose as he slipped off his shoes and undid his shirt. I turned away from him, my back facing him and I felt his fingers pull at the zipper of my dress. It slipped off like a satin dress from me, and I was left vulnerable in my undergarments. 

Before I could even move, James picked me up and tossed me onto our bed. I bounced back happily and rested on the soft surface while James climbed in after me. He then turned facing me and looked me deeply in the eyes, grasping my hand tightly.

"I will never leave you, my love." he said and kissed me firmly.

I woke up the next day in a bit of a blur until I saw a peacefully sleeping James next to me. He wore a goofy grin while he slept which made me smile happily. His breaths were steady and calm, his strong arms grabbing at his second pillow. He could embrace me in his sleep but he opted for the pillow. I was moving slightly around when he woke up and his eyes set on me.

"Where do you think you're going?" he asked in his scratchy morning voice.

"Nowhere, really." I answered as he pulled me back in closer to him.

"Good." he answered as he tighten his grip on my waist and pressed me to him.  

He kissed me tenderly until he decided that he had wanted more. I knew the time was coming and so I joined for a moment but then abruptly got up to slip on my red wrap dress and put on my nice sandals to go "get food" even though I was going to go transfer the money. Time was running out and I had to be on time. My phone rung once and I new that it was a notification from them that they were easing there. I threw on a cardigan and kept my messy morning hair the way it was as I gathered my purse. As I was dressing, James wrapped himself behind me.