Chapter 4: Hilltop

Our bodies touched as he pushed his lips onto mine. His kiss was better than I expected, his lips, warm and soft. I started to pull him closer to me as he pulled me closer to him. I pulled away for a second to breathe and then went back to his kiss. He wrapped his arms around me as he pushed us down to the mini sofa. He began to unbutton my shirt as I pulled away from him. I had an angry feeling in my head, but a relaxed feeling in my heart. I stared at him for a second until I heard Maggie say something.

"Brooklyn, you got the medicine yet?" Maggie hollered across the bus as she opened the curtain to see Glenn and I.

I looked at her as I scrambled to button my shirt back up. She scowled at me as she pulled Glenn close to her. She kissed him just to show off and then pushed Glenn out of the back. She looked at me and then smiled in disgust.

"I know you think you're all that, but you're not. You will NEVER be with Glenn, he is with me and is going to have a child with me! I don't know why I felt threatened by you, he will never fall in love with someone like you!" Maggie hissed.

I sat down on the sofa thinking, just thinking. Why would Glenn do that? Does he have feeling for me, like I have for him? The words repeated over and over in my head, "You will never be with him." I took in a deep breath as I felt the RV come to a stop and heard the door open. I opened the curtain and swung my bag onto my back. Maggie was gripping Glenn's arm as we walked into Hilltop. Glenn kept looking back at me and grinning as I nodded back to him.

A man smiled as we walked in until he saw me, he furrowed his eyebrows towards Rick. Rick nodded. He had long hair and a beard, I started to think of my church before all this. He reminded me of Jesus.

"What is your name? Im Jesus, actually Paul, but most people call me Jesus." He said.

"Brooklyn Anderson." I responded quickly.

They rushed Maggie into the infirmary to see the doctor as Glenn held her hand. I ran out of the infirmary in tears as I saw them kiss. I ran and ran, not even knowing where. A hand tapped onto my shoulder. It was Glenn. He smiled towards me and hugged me.

"You okay? Listen,I love Maggie, but over these couple weeks, I began to love you a lot more than how much I had when I just met you," Glenn whispered.

"Well you are still with Maggie, you obviously love her. Stop breaking my heart by pulling this crap!" I hissed.

Rick walked over to us on guard, wondering if I was going to explode. I nodded to Rick as he eased up and walked over to us.

"Glenn, we are staying overnight to make sure Maggie gets proper care. Um, Glenn, uh Brooklyn, you need to see something." Rick added as we walked back to the infirmary.

I opened the door as Rosita marched out in a crappy mood. We saw everyone smiling except for Rosita, who had just walked back in. Maggie whispered something into Glenn's ear as he started to jump up and down like a child.

"It's a boy! It's a boy!" Glenn and Maggie screamed together as everyone cheered.

I smiled and walked out to look at the town. I went up to one of the watchtowers and watched the sunset. The sunset was just perfect, not too blue, not too yellow, right in between. I took my polaroid camera and took a picture of the sunset, smiling as it came out.

It was getting dark and I wanted to be home, just to be home. Unfortunately, we had to stay overnight because Maggie needed to stay.I had nothing against Maggie, she just didn't like me. I got down and went to the Hilltop's main building. I was staying on the 4th floor, right across from Glenn and Maggie. I ran up to my room and layed on the bed. I started falling asleep until I forced myself to get up. I took off all my clothes until I was only in my underwear and bra. I got in my bed and was falling asleep when there was a knock on my door. I furrowed my brows when I saw Glenn.

"Maggie is mad at me for what happened earlier, mind if I stay in here tonight? I don't want to be lonely." Glenn said.

"Yeah, it's fine." I added.

He got into my bed and laid down next to me. I had a hard time falling asleep without my Melatonin. I eventually fell asleep, throughout the night going towards Glenn to cuddle. When I woke up, Glenn was gone. I then remembered, I was in only a bra the entire night.

"Crap! I am an idiot!" I hissed at myself.

I got up and looked in the room's closet. I grabbed some jean shorts and a pink shirt with the saying,"I'm Anti-Mondays." I put my Adidas on as usual and my glasses while pulling my hair into a ponytail. I brushed my teeth with a clean toothbrush in the bathroom. They had some makeup so, I put on concealer, highlighter, Mascara, and did my brows. I grabbed my backpack as I shoved my dirty clothes in them.

I ran down the stairs and saw Glenn, he was eating breakfast with Maggie. I decided not to bother them, instead I got some breakfast. Michonne handed me a plate of toast, a fried egg, and a glass of milk. As I walked towards Carl, Maggie, as usual now, was scowling at me. I decided to sit with Carl, I really needed to be happy, Judith and Carl always made me smile.

When I was done savoring the delicious food. I brought my plate and Carl's plate to the sink, this was a nice place, but I wanted to be... home. I started to wash the dishes with Michonne when out of nowhere, people were running and screaming. Rick ran outside for a brief moment and came back in swiftly.

"Walkers got in! Let's help em'. " Rick yelled as everyone's jaws dropped.